𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 | six

A/N not the Devils losing to the Sharks 6-3 today 😭 actually gonna kms

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺ ✦  

Nat's P.O.V

The walk to the car is silent, and the silence that endures when Trevor asks where me and Maisie were is even louder. 

"I was looking for Nat, she was in the bathroom."

I look over at Maisie who is in the back with me, and raise an eyebrow. She doesn't have to cover for me, moreover she shouldn't be covering for me, so why is she doing this?

"Some shit you were taking then, we waited for like twenty minutes," Trev says while keeping his eyes on the road.

I mumble "Yeah, food didn't sit right I guess. Made me sick to my stomach."

Masie curls her lips inwards, hiding a laugh at the irony of what I said. I clear my throat and redirect the attention "How was seeing your precious boyfriend get into his first fight?"

Maisie covers her face with her hands as Trev cracks a smile, "Oh c'mon leave the girl alone. She probably thought I was going to die!"

Maisie chuckles "No I did not! I thought you were gonna kill Hughes though. Pretty mean fight huh, Nat?"

My head snaps to met Maisie's gaze. I say through gritted teeth, "Yeah, Jack deserved it though."

"He deserved more than what he got that's for sure, he was talking mad shit on the ice. Trev let him go easy." Jamie says 

My phone buzzes in my pocket, and I thank my lucky stars that it only vibrated and didn't make any noise. 

Can we talk about it?

                                                 Talk about what Hughes? We kissed, get over it. I was just drunk. 

I lean my head on the window as rain pummels the glass and my hot face cools on the frosty  glass. Maisie's eyes are glued to me

Another message pops up 

Oh don't play the fucking drinking card, I asked if you really wanted it and you said yes. You seemed shit sober then

I bit my tongue trying to control the rage coursing through my veins 

                                                                                Your drunk. We shouldn't be having this conversation 

Yeah well since your brother tore my rotator cuff and I'm out for the next couple games I think I deserve a beer

"You tore his rotator cuff?"

Trevor's eyes link with mine, and since were parked in the driveway his swivels around in his chair to face me, "I don't know maybe why?"

His eyes narrow "Did he contact you?"

I shove my phone in my pocket and shake my head "No I just uh got a notification from the devils saying he's out with a suspected rotary cuff injury."

He studies me for a minute, then shrugs and gets out of the car grabbing his gear and helping Maisie out. I walk in ahead of them, heading straight for my room. I close the door and fall onto my bed.