Chapter 6

The next day...

"Aicel, is it true that only one person was accepted into our House this year?" one student asked.

"Sigh... We really are pitiful," another one lamented.

"Don't mention it, brat!" a third one snapped.

"One person, huh...That's even worse than last year," someone else commented.

Aicel couldn't help but touch his forehead, feeling helpless as he looked at the dinner table. He wished his brother was here, hoping he would return soon and reclaim his position as Prefect. It was proving to be quite a headache.

Aicel was not originally the Prefect; that role belonged to his twin brother Alise, whose whereabouts were currently unknown. Alise had disappeared one night, leaving only a letter stating he was going somewhere and that Aicel should take his place as the Prefect of the House.

Sighing, Aicel looked over when he heard Che'nya's voice. "Aicel, when will our new freshman arrive, Nyah~"

Che'nya was promptly scolded by Lapin for his bad manners. They all then heard footsteps approaching the dining table and fell silent, eagerly anticipating the new arrival.

Their anticipation deflated when Chenille walked in.

"What are you looking at?" Chenille asked, puffing magenta smoke from his pipe.

"Nothing..." they mumbled, clearly disappointed.

Chenille took a seat and raised an eyebrow at them. "Freshman?" he asked, to which they all nodded in unison.

One of the members was about to respond when an unfamiliar figure entered the dining area.

"I'm sorry, I am late..." Aelios apologized, bowing to them. Noticing the silence, he raised his head to find them gaping in surprise, as if they had seen a ghost, all except for the man with the pipe.

"Is something the matter?" Aelios asked, snapping them back to reality.

Lapin observed the newcomer, adjusting his glasses. He had to admit, Aelios was a striking figure who could easily rival the campus beauty in the rankings.

"No wonder..." Chenille muttered under his breath, but it wasn't missed by Lapin. The man looked at Chenille, understanding what he was referring to.

Their new freshman, Aelios, was like a walking enigma, his aura radiating an air of mystery, no matter how much he tried to hide it.

People with certain characteristics, such as faes, pixies, beastmen, and others, are much more sensitive to auras and scents, enabling them to identify things that humans might miss.

The freshman, Aelios, took a seat opposite Che'nya, who immediately asked, "What's your name, nyah~?"

Everyone paused to hear the freshman's response. Aelios just smiled and said, "My name is Aelios, but you can call me Eryx, Senpai."

Che'nya let out a pleased giggle, and everyone resumed eating. Aelios initially seemed stiff, likely unaccustomed to eating with a crowd, but he managed to hide his discomfort well.

Aelios POV

I woke up early in the morning, took a bath, and changed into a simple set of clothes: a blue sweater with a white cardigan and a pair of pants. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I decided to braid my hair today.

Braiding took some time, and by the time I finished, I realized I had to hurry. As I walked down the hall, I tried to remember each turn and twist, not wanting to get lost.