02 | DEVANSH

"laga ki mashvare sunte ho dil ke,
laga ki thode se ho tum deewane se,
karoge dil ki hi baatein phir milke,
aur hongi ye baatein badi haseen"

(you listen to your heart,
you even seem a little crazy,
when you say what's in your heart,
and that will be beautiful)

(you listen to your heart, you even seem a little crazy,when you say what's in your heart, and that will be beautiful)

02: SOCIAL ETIQUETTE IS A THING

The girl from earlier had left the class almost an hour ago, but her thoughts didn't seem to leave him yet.

The teacher is speaking about something he can't bring himself to focus on. Not that it's anything interesting in particular, considering that she's just reading off of a powerpoint presentation she is displaying. He's pretty sure half the class is sleeping, the teacher doesn't seem to care, still continuing whatever she's reading.

He turns to Adarsh who was watching something on his phone. Annoying him would only result in a headache. If you've met Adarsh and you found him difficult to deal with, you should pray that you never meet a grumpy Adarsh.

As much as his hands itched to cause trouble, he decided against it.

Devansh needed to do something that would take his mind off of the girl, who he hasn't been able to ask for a name.

What was it with him and beautiful girls being whisked away, before he could ask their name?

But it was in his best interest, because he was a prince, which meant no crushes, no matter how breathtaking they are.

Dating a prince is widely perceived as a fairytale, but in reality, it was quite the contrary. There was protocol they had to follow if they were to get involved in a romantic relationship.

So, he had one non-negotiable when it comes to romance.

If he can't express his love and his devotion for the person he loves the most, he refuses to ask them for commitment towards him.

He believes that until he is capable enough to fight protocol, or anyone that comes in between, he won't get into a relationship.

That's probably why he has never been in a relationship.

"Devansh. She's calling you." Adarsh nudges him.

Devansh is pulled out of his thoughts to the professor staring at him with disdain.

"Yes, uh- ma'am." He stutters out a response.

"What did I just say?" She asks smugly, like she knows he doesn't have an answer.

Adarsh nudges him again, probably hinting what the answer was but Devansh couldn't figure out what he was trying to say.

He wasn't going to guess or say whatever he interprets from Adarsh's gestures. Both options would make him look like a fool, that too on his first day. He ends up choosing none of them, just admitting that he wasn't paying attention and apologising for it.