Chapter 1: Coryn

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Another Spider-person? Seriously?" I get it. But... let's do this a little differently this time.

My name is Coryn Andrews and I wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider. I found a gooey alien symbiote thing named Havoc instead. Despite its name, it seems content to just let me take the wheel. I should mention that Havoc's a little different from other symbiotes because it can hop around the multiverse. It also has the added bonus of knowing when people from other multiverses are here, which helps with learning this whole 'being a superhero' gig.

I go to Visions Academy in Chelsea, New York where you could say I don't talk to many people... or any people for that matter. The one person I sort of talked to was Peter Parker. We weren't what you could call friends but... there's a certain connection between those bullied by the same people.

Oh, by the way, this completely average looking guy is me. Pretty invisible, right? But this guy, with the height and the lean muscles, is me after bonding with Havoc. Despite my change in looks, the me inside is still the same. And so are the feelings I've had for Gwen Stacy for the past two years.

Not many people know that Gwen Stacy has a secret life. But I do. I hadn't intended on learning it. But I did.

I know that Gwen... is Spider-Woman. And I don't know what to do about that.

I'm no Spider-Man. And I'm pretty sure Gwen has a crush on someone. Pretty doomed for me, right?

Now you're probably saying, 'Havoc can multiverse hop. Why not just find a universe where Gwen's in love with you?' And my answer to that is, even if that were possible... that wouldn't be right. That wouldn't be the Gwen I fell for. I don't want something based on manipulation. I want something... real.