girl dad (1/2)

insp.
Rio sees his pregnant ex-girlfriend out one night not long after their breakup. He seizes the opportunity, and tries to persuade her to let him be in his kid's life, and hers, too.

emeraude toubia as CAMILA

manny montana as RIO

playlist

desire (slowed) — hucci
streets — doja cat
the hills — the weeknd
nobody's perfect — j. cole
runnin' thru the 7th with my woadies — $uicide boy$
when we — tank
simple things — miguel
free — 6lack
poison — brent faiyez

RIO

Rio watched her from his corner table. It was dark enough in the bar that she couldn't see him, or at least she hadn't let it be known she'd seen him if so. He sipped his drink—scotch, neat. The associate he'd been speaking with, his reason for being there, had only left a few short minutes ago, leaving Rio alone in the booth. Alone to contemplate his next move.

Running into her wasn't in the cards for him tonight. In fact, he didn't think he'd see her again unless it were by his own design, but here she was sitting at the bar talking to a well dressed man wearing a Gucci suit and a fake ass smile pointed at one thing—Rio's girl.

But she wasn't. Hadn't been for weeks, and even then, could what they had really be considered anything tangible? Not according to her, or so she said. So, he sipped on his alcohol and brooded, staring daggers at Gucci Suit who stared lust filled hearts at her.

When she stood up to use the restroom, Rio took the opportunity to really look at her. She was wearing tight jeans and a grey sweatshirt, an old one she'd cut off so he could see a strip of her stomach when she moved. Her hair was pulled up in one of those messy styles she wore when she didn't plan on leaving the house, so Rio wondered what she was doing here. She wasn't dressed for a night out.