Part 1: The beginning

I was walking in the hallway, every student I came across I saw cracks in their skin and face it became normal to be to see it the amount of cracks that a person have the more struggles and pain they going through that remain unsolved but when crack starting to vanish or lessen that means they are about to resolve those things.

Yet mine was....

"Good morning Ruina" I was startled with a sudden voice in my back but it was just Charlotte, I'm quite getting used to her sudden greetings every morning she saw me.

"Good morning" even though I greet her with a low tone she gives me a genuine smile. I wonder how she is able to always smile at me like this every time she sees me?.

I interrupted my thoughts and entered the classroom, my classmates stared at me while walking to my desk and the room filled with silence for a moment but then they ignored me after and returned to whatever they were doing before I entered.

I'm used to these things people staring at me like I was different from them and sometimes ignoring me or never bother knowing that I'm existing.

"Good morning everyone" the teacher walks in the classroom and adds "today I'm here to announce something and it is required for students to be aware of it".

The teacher told us about the incoming school festival for the next 2 months and there will be special guests coming. After the announcement the teacher proceed to the lesson of the day.

"For this activity you will need to choose at least three partner , every one sit with your chosen partner"

Once again I'm sitting alone while the other students were discussing their plan with each other and then the one that I expect to happen that the teacher will come at my table and try to find me a partner like always, even Charlotte got dragged by many groups and wanting to make her join them.

"Does anyone want to be partnered with Ruina?" The teacher asked the other students but only silence filled the room again.

A boy raised his hand and said "I will be her partner" and the students even I looked at him with disbelief eyes.

"Are you sure Francis?" The teacher asked and he simply nods at her.
"Well then it settled, I will explain now what you are all gonna do"

I looked at Francis and I saw three cracks on his face and the second crack was halfway from disappearing? I need to focus on the class not people's personal problems.

~Break time~

It was break time and I sat at an empty table in the cafeteria but then I saw Francis walking to my table.

"Can I sit here?"

"Y-yes of course" I replied to him with a low tone.

"I uh I mean no harm" he suddenly said to me with a panicking voice.

"I'm just here to discuss something about our school project" he added.

I nod and listen to his plans of how we will able to make it more presentable and accurate. I expect him to leave the table after telling his suggestion yet he seems like staying for a little longer than I thought don't get me wrong it's not that I hate him or want him to leave my table but he's being friendly towards me just like Charlotte.

Then suddenly Francis started a more friendly conversation with me, this is the first time from many years that someone actually wants to be my friend.

̶D̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶?̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶

*Crack*