Episode 1 The seven deadly sins

INT. Kingdom Liones--- Day

(The Kingdom of Liones. On the outskirts of the capital city, there is a young knight walking through the city of Liones, who comes across a somewhat older knight.)

Old Knight: Hey, you there, boy, come and give me a hand.

Boy Knight: Yes, sir.

Old Knight: So where are you from.

Boy Knight: Kings, sir.

Old Knight: Kings... I've been serving this kingdom for 40 years now. I've never heard of such a place.

Boy Knight: That's not surprising, sir, it's way out in the boonies.

Old Knight: Now you mustn't get flustered if you want to become a Holy Knight Apprentice.

Boy Knight: I couldn't be a Holy Knight in a million years.

Old Knight: Then this might be a rough job for a young fellow like you.

(The boy starts trembling with fear; he is now gazing upon several dead bodies, those of knights who were ruthlessly butchered.)

Boy Knight: Who are these...

Old Knight: Holy Knights, one and all.

Boy Knight: What happened to everyone ?! I-I don't understand...!

Old Man: What happened? They were all mercilessly butchered, in a blink of an eye at that, by just eight people.

Narrator: This is a tale of ancient times... an era before the human and non-human worlds were forever divided. When the Holy Knights defended the realm wielding their magical powers, they were feared and highly respected. But among them, a group emerged that betrayed the kingdom and became mortal enemies to all Holy Knights. They were known throughout the land... as "The Seven Deadly Sins".

Ten years later, near a place called Cain's Town, a knight clad in rusty armor is walking on a mountainside...

  (At a tavern called the Boar Hat, a young man -- Meliodas -- is serving several mugs of beer. Meliodas is noticeable by his short stature, blonde hair, green eyes, and what appears to be a sword sheathed in a scabbard on his back although his accomplice could not be identified as he wore a thick white cloak over his entire body all that could be made out was the height difference between the two as the cloaked figure was 7'10" (2.4 m) while meliodas was only 5' (152 cm) and the distinct taste in drink as meliodas took swigs of ale the tall male was drinking a rather expensive wine straight from the bottle.)

Meliodas: Here you go, thanks for waiting drink up!

Man (coming in the Boar Hat, raising his hand): You got room for more?

Meliodas: right, over here! Hey you think you can move over a little?

Man: For such a little fellow, he's one hard working waiter.

Meliodas: Oh, no, I'm not the waiter, buddy, I'm the owner of this place.

Man (shocked): huh He's the owner? A young kid like that?

Meliodas (talking to a group of three at onectable): Alright, fresh from the oven! It's the Meat Pie that made the Boar Hat famous!

Men: It looks great! Let's eat some pie!

???: and add another 3 to the amount of customers you have given food poisoning.

Meliodas: Oh don't be like that y/n (The three men take a bite... then wince, and spit it out in disgust.)

Meliodas: You should have known our reputation's for having really good booze, but the food... not so good.

All three of them then say "You might have mentioned that!"