Chapter 1: Introspection and... a birthday party?

A/N: Hello everyone. This is my first fanfic for TLR. This story takes place after the conclusion of the TLR Darkness manga. Personally, I feel that there are not enough fanfics out there that take place after the end of the manga, so here's a step towards fixing that.

Check out my Patreon, where you can read new chapters early by joining for $1 per month:

https://www.patreon.com/sixpathshedgehog

The 1st 3 chapters are free. Chapters 4 and onwards will be posted on Patreon 1st for $1 per month, and then they will be accessible here later.

Please Like and Review 

I do not own To Love Ru, To Love Ru Darkness or any of their characters.

Chapter 1: Introspection and... a birthday party?

**Flashback/Dream Sequence**

(Haruna): Since middle school... I've always loved you.

**End of flashback**

Rito Yuuki woke up remembering Haruna's confession. It had been about two weeks since he and his longtime crush, Haruna Sairenji, had mutually confessed to each other. At the time, Rito had been ecstatic that his crush reciprocated his feelings, and he still was happy about it. However, there were some problems. For starters, while Haruna was indeed Rito's first love and best girl, Rito was also in love with the crown princess of the universe Lala Satalin Deviluke (and Lala had long since confessed that she herself loved Rito). Furthermore...

**Flashbacks**

(Run): Rito-kun, I love you.

(Yami): You are the target of my love.

(Momo):...I love you Rito from the bottom of my heart.

**Flashbacks end**

Rito recalled all of the other love confessions that he had received from other girls besides Lala and Haruna. Rito did not want to hurt any of the girls' feelings by just straight up rejecting them. However, what else could he do? It's not like he could just marry multiple girls, right? That would be the crime of polygamy, which is illegal in Japan. At least, this is the line of thinking that most people would have under normal circumstances. However, in the case of Rito Yuuki, another option had been presented to him. That option was the harem plan. Lala's youngest sister, Momo Belia Deviluke, had pointed out that as Lala's fiancee, Rito was slated to become the next king of the universe. As the king of the universe, Rito would be able to take as many wives/concubines as he wanted. That was a fair point. However, even if that point made logical sense, Rito just had a hard time accepting the concept of a harem. What's more, Haruna had outright stated to Rito that she could not accept a harem. What was Rito to do? Even if he did accept the harem plan, would he really be happy with it if Haruna was not in the harem?

Of course, Rito could take the option of rejecting the harem and simply starting a monogamous relationship with Haruna. Doing that however, might come with its own consequences aside from just hurting the other girls' feelings. As a reminder, Rito was supposed to succeed Gid Lucione Deviluke as king of the universe upon marrying Lala. If Rito rejected Lala however, then the Deviluke monarchy would once again be without a successor. How would Gid react to that? Would he destroy the earth as he had once threatened to do so before if Rito had declined the successorship? Additionally, would Lala, Nana and Momo just leave the Yuuki household and go back to Deviluke if Rito rejected Lala and just chose Haruna alone? Rito didn't want that to happen. The thought of Lala and her sisters leaving brought Rito so much sadness that he had broken down into tears when telling Lala about his and Haruna's mutual confessions, because he believed at the time that everything would have to change.