Chapter 8

8. Modelling and Producing

~~ Natalia Wright ~~

Drew was picked up on time today. With the extra Drew money I get $200 extra each month.

I drive over to Kayla's studio. When I walk in I see she's picked out different outfits for me. The first one I put on consists of a white cross bralette, white jeans and white converse. I go out and she's got a black backdrop.

" hey babe. Stand on the cross " I walk onto the cross. " legs apart a little. Turn to the side. Neutral face. Arms to your sides but relaxed " is she this bossy? She takes about 7 before telling me to go change.

I take off the white outfit and get the black one. It's a leather midi skirt with a gold belt , a shirt revealing my cleavage and platform heels. She's got a white back drop now.

" place your hand on the wall, turn slightly. Lift the leg opposite to your hand and hold the heel. Look back sexily " I do as I'm told and she takes the pictures.

The next outfit is a grey Nike tracksuit with roshes. She gives me another position to stand in before taking the pictures.

The next one is an African attire skater dress with long sleeves and pink air forces. I go out and she tells me to tie my hair up in a pony tail. " stand to the side lean back and lift the leg closest to the wall. Look at me " she takes the pictures. On to the next.

After the various poses and outfits, we go to Popeyes. I get a po boy because I'm actually craving sandwiches. We trail to her house.

" we need to pick the pictures now babe so I can get them ready " I sigh but follow her to her home office. She puts the memory card into her laptop.

" I don't like my eyes in that one. My Dress is a bit wonky as well "

" I'm about to fall in that one. " about an hour later the front door opens while we're still sorting.

" Auntie Kayla Auntie Kayla!!! " I hear Drew's voice.

" I'm here baby!! " Drew comes in and gives her a hug.

" Ms. Lia what are you doing here? "

" she's my best friend " Kayla says.

" can I call you Lia? " he says hiding behind Kayla.

" no but you can call me auntie Lia when we're not at school " I say.

" okay auntie Lia. That pictures pretty. Can I have some food auntie Kayla " she laughs.

" I'm fenna go. I gotta write as well for the portfolio before work tomorrow " Kayla hugs me before I let myself out.

I make my way up the elevator when I get to my complex. While unlocking my door, Chris' door opens. Rihanna comes out buttoning up her shirt making me instantly pissed off

" Hey Lia "

" Hey Rihanna how are you? "

" I'm good. I just came to see Chris how are you? "

" I'm good thanks. "

" we should catch up. Here's my number" she says getting her phone out. I type in her number and save it. I call her quickly.

" alright. I gotta go or I'll be late " she says before walking down the hall to the elevator.

I walk into my condo and slip my shoes off. I grab my MacBook from the desk and sit down. I play XXYYXX softly as I write my portfolio. As per usual there's a knock at the door. I ignore it because I'm annoyed at him right now.