018🍁

Evelyn rushed to her room, and took a bag into which she began to shove her dresses and other things that could fit

Evelyn rushed to her room, and took a bag into which she began to shove her dresses and other things that could fit. She ran to the kitchen and packed as much food as she could fit.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she thought of her brothers, her mother and Jane who they would leave behind on short notice. Evelyn wiped her cheeks and put her backpack on her back as she walked out. She took one last look at the house and yard before closing the door and running towards the darkening forest.

Evelyn was out of breath and felt her cheeks flush, but her legs wouldn't let up. She pushed forward and soon reached the meadow and the river. She stopped by the river, setting her backpack down on the ground, taking a deep breath. Evelyn looked around the darkening meadow for any sign of Alec who should be there soon.

She sat down and thought that Alec had found an opportunity to say goodbye to Jane, which would be gratifying. Evelyn twirled the ring between her fingers and smiled to herself, soon she and Alec would leave and they would be together forever.

Her wildest dreams is about to come true. Evelyn could already see how she and Alec would get married, live in a small cabin, on the edge of the village. Their children will be playing in the yard. Elliot, Edward, Jane and their mothers visiting.

She and Alec, graying together, watching their grandchildren play.

They were happy.

For what seemed like an eternity, Evelyn was still sitting alone by the river and dusk had arrived. She could no longer see properly on the hill and began to worry. Why hasn't Alec arrived yet. Did he began to hesitate, but he was equally involved in the thought. Evelyn's hands roamed the lawn nervously and she tore up the grass and flowers with her hands. Why hasn't Alec arrived yet, has Jeremy grabbed him or worse her father.

Evelyn started breathing heavier and worried but soon the sound made her head turn quickly. "Evelyn!" There was a scream and Evelyn turned around, getting up quickly at the same time. She squinted into the darkness and soon widened her eyes. "Edward?" She said out loud and soon was exclaiming. "Edward!"

She started running towards her little brother who quickly ran towards his sister shouting her name. They met in the middle of the meadow and Evelyn put her hand on the breathless boy's shoulders. "Edward, what's wrong?" She asked worriedly, feeling the dread rise over her. Edward gasped because he had run the whole way without a break and Evelyn eyed at him.

"E-elliot s-sent me." Edward tried to speak between breaths and Evelyn looked at him trying to understand. "You have to come to the field, they are there." Edward spoke quickly and Evelyn froze in place.

Millions of thoughts were running through the girl's head and she could have fainted. "What happened?" She asked and Edward's words stopped everything. Evelyn felt the world stop, all those dreams were doomed. She felt a lump in her throat and tears welling up.

"Edward, go home, run, okay?" She said looking at her brother who nodded quickly. "I love you." Evelyn nodded and watched as her little brother took off running towards their home.

✿✿✿

She ran, she ran as fast as her legs could take her. She was exhausted, out of breath and felt everything going dark, but she didn't give up. No one will take her love away from her. Evelyn pushed herself forward and pushed the branches away from her, feeling them hit her face making cuts, but she was so terrified for Alec and Jane.

Soon Evelyn arrived in the field and she could have died of terror at that moment. The screams of the villagers reached her ears and then she saw it. Evelyn's hands went up to her mouth as she let out a cold, chilling scream.

Alec and Jane were tied up on a stake and their mother was being held back by some teenagers. Evelyn saw her father and Jeremy standing with torches in hand. Shouting at the villagers, they were going to burn those witch twins at the stake.

"No father!" Evelyn shouted and started pushing herself through the crowd towards the twins. She pushed the villagers who shouted along that the witches should be burned.

"Evelyn!" Elliot's scream could be heard from the crowd and he tried to get to his sister but to no avail. Evelyn glanced behind her but lost her brother in the crowd. "Elliot!" She screamed but couldn't find him no matter how hard she looked.

Soon, however, she made it through the crowd just in time to see how her father pushed the torch and the fire started to rage. "No!" Evelyn screamed and threw herself at her father who was stronger than her and pushed her daughter away.

"You never listen to what I tell you." He spat out looking disapprovingly at his daughter who was spinning her head. "Father they are not witches." Evelyn tried to scream but her father slapped her in the face. Evelyn fell to the ground while raising her hands to her face and looking at her father who had anger in his eyes. "You will never see that witch boy again."

Evelyn felt tears welling up in her eyes, she moved her gaze to the stake where the twins were. Jane glared angrily at the villagers and yelled back at them.

Her eyes landed on Alec who was staring blankly with his head down. "Alec." Her trembling voice said and the brown haired boy looked up.

"Brother, stop staring at her it's scary." Jane said to her brother who was staring at the new girl who had moved to the village with her brothers and parents from further north.

Alec, a young boy who had never seen a girl as beautiful in the village as this mysterious red-haired girl who walked in the village with a basket in her hand, looking at the fruits. He stared, his blue eyes twinkling lust. She must been like same age as him and her sister Jane.

Alec stared at the red-haired beauty on the ground in front of the crowd, her green eyes puffy and her lip bloody. He watched as Evelyn tried to get up and come through the fire to him but failed as Jeremy grabbed her holding her back. Evelyn screamed and tried to fight back, but in vain the boy was stronger than her. Alec felt the rage rise, but at the same time the heat of the flames around him. He took one last look at Evelyn who was yelling at him. "I love you forever."

So Alec wanted to feel nothing, he wanted the darkness to take this pain away, he didn't want to feel anything anymore and he closed his eyes one last time.

Evelyn cried hysterically watching Alec close his eyes. "Alec open your eyes." She cried and tried to tear herself free from Jeremy's grip. "Please open your eyes."

"Do not leave me." The words came almost as a whisper.

Her vision began to blur and she turned her head towards Jeremy. "I hate you, I hope you rot in hell." She said in a tone filled with anger and before Jeremy could respond a bloody scream started and they were knocked to the ground.

Evelyn landed on her stomach and quickly looked behind her to catch a glimpse of Jeremy who screamed and disappeared. She froze in place and everything started to blur, the cold bloody screams of the villagers echoed in her ears and she felt liquid flying over her as Jeremy's body flew beside her.

Blinking slowly, Evelyn made out Jeremy lying with his eyes open, staring blankly. Evelyn almost screamed but put her hand over her mouth to stop the scream. Jeremy lay next to her, bloody and dead.

Soon everything blurred and Evelyn felt her eyes sink into darkness.