Lethologica pt.1

Lethologica
Eth·o·log·i·ca
/ˌlēTHəˈläjəkə/
       (n.) the inability to remember a particular word or name.

She woke with a start. Her whole body ached; as if she had just ran a marathon, but she paid her aches no attention, only letting out a couple grunts and hisses of pain. She had more important things to worry about. She looked around the brightly lit room. Immediately recognizing the room as the castle's med bay. She suddenly realized how strange it was that she lay on the examination table instead of on the floor next to a pod where she should have been. She had no recollection of falling out of the pod. She was sure if she had she would remember having come out of a pod she knew it wasn't a feeling you didn't just forget.

She felt light headed as her feet touched the floor. She gripped the table she had just been on for support. She closed her eyes as she waited for the feeling to pass like she knew it would. Eventually the feeling did pass but she still leaned on the table for support. Her legs ached and she wasn't sure if she could walk just yet. Just exactly what had happened to leave her feeling as if she had been crammed in a tiny box for a couple Vargas?

After stretching her legs for a couple doboshes she felt like she might be able to walk. She began to make her way out of the med bay. She wandered the halls of the castle, not really sure what she was looking for or who she was looking for. Originally she thought she'd just go to the lounge and see if anyone was there but as she stepped outside the med bay something made her think otherwise. Then she thought that she'd go to the bridge, Pidge was always there and if not Pidge the maybe Coran would be, but, again, something told her not to go. She thought of many other places she could go but still none of them seemed like the place she needed to go. So she wandered the hall hoping she would happen upon where she was supposed to go.

She walked for a while but she was having no luck finding where she was supposed to go. Maybe she should have just waited for one of the paladins to come and check on her or maybe she should have just gone to the lounge or the bridge like she had originally thought. Allura let out a heavy sigh as she thought about how stupid it was of her to be wandering the halls when clearly she had gotten into some kind of trouble. The paladins were probably worried about her and trying to figure out where she was.

With another sigh she began to turn around but stopped when a door caught her eye. The door was just like every other but... She turned so her body was facing the door. She stared at it for a long time, almost expecting it to disappear. When it didn't disappear, she stepped forward, hesitantly, she raised her hand. She rested her hand on the cold metal of the door. Nothing felt strange about the door but she knew that something was supposed to be strange about it, because...

"This wasn't here before..."

Her voice echoed through the empty hallway. How had this door gotten here? Allura knew these halls. She knew where every door was and where they led to but this one... She had never seen this one before. She'd lived here her whole life and never ever had she seen this door. Never when she walked through the castle late at night, mourning the loss of Altea, had she seen this door, but it felt so right there. Like it had always been there. There was a welcoming feeling that radiated off the door as if the moment she opened it all her problems would disappear.

She stood there a while, her hand still resting on the cool metal of the door, debating whether or not she should open it. She desperately wanted to know what was inside, to know what was giving off such a welcoming feeling but something inside of her, something deep within her, told her not to open the door. That the door was dangerous that the feeling was just there to trick her, to lure her in. The part of her came from all her years fighting the Galra, learning how manipulative they could be and how they always seemed to know how to fool you straight into their hands.