Lethologica pt. 2

Lethologica
Eth·o·log·i·ca
/ˌlēTHəˈläjəkə/
       (n.) the inability to remember a particular word or name.

When the team goes to their respective rooms Hunk goes straight for his bathroom. He takes a nice warm shower before snuggling up into his bed. He may not remember the mission but his body sure does. He's out within a few dobashes.

Hunks alarm goes off the next morning. He begrudgingly makes his way out of the comfort of his blankets. He stretches out once he's finally out of bed. He begins to do various stretches to wake his body up before lowering himself to the floor. He sits there for a while, not really thinking, just relaxing and getting himself ready for the day. His moms had taught him to do this when they noticed how anxious he was throughout that day. This was his way of relaxing his mind so that he wasn't as wound up throughout the day. Most days it worked. After a few dobashes he let out a long sigh and began to start to get ready for the day.

When he was ready he made his way to the kitchen, already thinking about what he was going to make. Over a quiet breakfast they began to make plans for the day, discussing the best way to go about this Hagraid situation. Hunk shuddered at the name. He hadn't really met the witch but the stories were enough for anyone.

"I can start looking through the library for any information about spells that could cause forgetfulness." Allura said. Shiro nodded.

"Do you think you could get footage from the mission, Pidge?" Pidge shrugs, not looking up from their plate.

"Maybe, I'll play around with it. I'll probably need some help from Hunk." Hunk nods at Pidge, glad to be of help.

"Okay, I think I'm going to start focusing on our next moves against the galra. We don't want to be too distracted with this supposed plan of Haggars." They all nod before each going off to do their own thing.

Hunk is still there after everyone leaves. He starts to wash the dishes in the sink, it's his turn, before making his way to the bride where he thinks Pidge is. He spends the rest of the day trying to find a way into the galra ships system but it's proving to be very difficult. There really wasn't much for him to do once they got past finding the right system, it was all pretty much up to Pidge to break into it. To pass the time Hunk began working on a project he had going on. He's trying to add a new identification and storing system into the helmets. His hope is that the helmets will be able to take in visual and audio input and be able to identify it with an information system

The vision was that their helmets would be able to give them information on what they were seeing and hearing so they wouldn't have to rely on Corans and Alluras knowledge or just being completely in the dark. This could also help them communicate with different planets as they could finally understand the language they were hearing or the customs they were seeing or which customs to expect/adhere to. He had started this project after they had accidentally offended a whole group of aliens by not properly greeting their leader. They had almost lost that alliance, only able to keep the alliance because of Alluras diplomatic skills. But, if they had this system they would have gotten a scan of the aliens and would have been notified of prominent customs of the planet and would have greeted the leader properly. Theoretically it would be awesome but it was proving increasingly difficult to execute.

For one the information system that was needed would have to be extensive and he has absolutely no idea of any alien customs. So, he has gone to Coran for help. It turned out that the Alteans already had a pretty decent database of different alien customs. They made a few tweaks to the system and had been slowly adding things that they found to the system. The actual technology was also proving to be difficult. The technology that was needed to recognize visual and auditory input was very complex. He had figured out that by adding cues it made it easier for the computer to recognize, such as specific physical features or phrases that are common for a certain group. After he added some cues it was able to recognize Coran as Altean from his facial markings and was able to provide Hunk with information on some Altrean customs.