Epilogue

Sirius Sauvietierre

"Woah! Ang talino mo talaga, Sirius!"  one of my cousin's friend said but I don't give them attention. Ang buong atensyon ko ay nasa examination paper na hawak ko. As usual, I got it perfect but... I just felt unhappy about it or maybe, I don't really care about all of it. Sanay na lang din siguro ako.

"Here is my son, Sirius. Soon to be the heir of our company" my father boastfully said as if I am his trophy. Every party, every business meeting, and gatherings ay isinasama ako ni papa o ni lolo.

"Ah the ace of our family, Sirius. Kumpadre, naaala mo ba?" 

"Yes, of course, laman siya ng mga dyaryo hindi ba?" his business partner said. Natigilan ako dahil doon. Noon ko lang nalaman iyon at hindi ko iyon nagustuhan. I was frustated by that not until I heard my cousin's friend, Cai.

"Nakakainis! Si Athanasia kase palaging nakatingin lang sa mga dyaryo. Hindi na nga siya pinapalabas tumatakas pa para silipin ang nagdedeliver ng dyaryo" I don't have friends and I don't get interested in someone's topic. Naalala ko lang kase ang tungkol sa paglabas ko sa dyaryo kaya natigilan ako.

"Noong isang buwan mo pa 'yan bukambibig. Pare 16 pa lang tayo, magbabago rin 'yan. Saan ba siya may gusto, sa newspaper guy? Ligawan mo na kase!" saad ni Xavier.  I shooked my head and was about to leave when he mentioned my name.

"Hindi, doon sa pinsan mong laging seryoso. Si Sirius, sige gagawa ako ng paraan pero siguro kapag kaya ko na" napailing na lang ako. I don't have time for what they are talking about but, the name of the girl keep coming back to my head. 

Another year passed and my father talked to me, it's about an arrange marriage. I have never been a fan of that.  "It's fine if you don't want to marry the girl, we can declined the agreement. Mr. Moon will understand" my father said. The good things is, he never force me.

Ibinigay niya sa akin ang agreement. "You decide, I'll wait for your decision" my father said as he walked away. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa agreement paper.

Napamaang ang labi ko sa nabasa. 'Athanasia Harriette Moon', her name again? Really? Who really is this girl? I don't know, but there's a part of me that pushed me to agree. I was never forced.

 And year passed again without meeting her in person. I don't know what he looks like or what is her character. But even if my situation were like that, I stayed faithful. I just declined other girls by saying 'I already have a fiancee and I'll marry her sooner or later'.

"Sirius, I can help you. I can talk to your father just say it. Hindi mo kilala ang fiancee mo, it's weird right? Aren't you scared?" Riri, the girl I helped asked. I just ignored her and I don't know what's gotten into her head 'cause he really did tell my father that I want to break the engagement.

For the first time I panicked and ran to my father's office begging not to break the engagement. He was shocked but eventually granted my request. That girl is getting to my nerves, I got mad but I let it passed 'cause she thought I was forced.

"Cai, you're crazy. Are you that desperate to have her? Why would you do that?!" I accidentally heard Xavier's angery statement. For the second time, I got nervous. It's clear to me na may plano ang Cai na iyon.

"Walang makakaalam, isa pa hinayaan na siya ng magulang niyang mag-aral sa labas ngayong taon. Hindi ko dapat palampasin ito, Xavier" napamaang ako at mas nagtagal pa upang makinig.

"Huwag nga sabi e!" galit na sabi ni Xavier. "It's a crime you moron!" but I  know that Cai guy would never listen, so I followed him. He payed the new classmates of her to bring her to him, luckily her sister had another agenda and tricked Cai.