Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

I slowly open my eyes as I stare at the ceiling above me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What are they both talking about? What was it about prophecy? Does it have anything to do with the reason they both abandoned me?

-A Short Reunion-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes to see a ceiling above me. I remember I was awake for a short time last night. There were voices inside my head. I don't have to think too hard to know whose voices they belong to. Those were the voices of my parents. My mom and dad.

"Hey, Y/N?" Someone said, snapping me out of my daze. I turn my head to see Eren. He walks over to me and takes a seat on the stool next to the bed. "Are you feeling okay? I'm sorry that you got hurt for trying to help me pull my hand out..." he said. He looks so sad and apologetic. I smile softly at him.

"I'm fine, Eren. Don't worry too much" I said. I slowly move to sit up. I lift my hand, placing it on my head to see a rough texture of a bandage.

"But you took a direct hit on the head during your fall, Y/N. You bled a little yesterday too" he said. I let out a sigh and lift both of my hands. I slowly remove the bandage, making Eren's eyes widen. "What are you doing?? Keep it on! Your wound would get infected if you let it get expose to air!" He said, frantically.

I don't listen to him as I continue to unravel the bandage. His eyes widen when he realize the wound on my head has healed. I smile softly at his reaction.

"As you can see... it healed" I said, smiling softly at him. He blinks his eyes as he seems surprised at the sight. "Well, looks like you're not the only one with rapid healing" I said, grinning at him as I let out a few giggles slip out of my mouth. He just let out a nervous laugh at my attempt to tease him.

"I see our girl have woken up" another voice said. I turn to look at the door to see Hange. She walks over to us until she stands next to the bed. She leans down until her face is quite close to mine. "The wound on your head also healed. I'm really curious about your abilities, Y/N. Are you sure you're not like Eren? You can't shift into a titan?" She said.

"Not that I'm aware off" I said, shaking my head. As far as I know, I'm not able to transform into a titan. Hange hums softly and stand straighter. She has a serious expression on her face, and I'm starting to feel a little nervous.

"Y/N... there's a favor I'd like to ask from you" Hange said, as she moved back a little. I just nod my head. She turn to look at Eren who seems to understand that this is a conversation between us two.

"I... I'll take my leave..." he said. He moved to stand up. He turn to look at me. "I'll see you around, Y/N..." he said. I just smile at him and nod my head. He turn around, walking out of the room.

"So? What favor are you talking about?" I asked, turning to look at Hange as soon as Eren is out of earshot. Hange turn to look at me and starts to grin. Honestly, it creeps me out since she has a crazed look in her eyes.

"If it's okay with you. I'd like to take your titan in" she said. I blink my eyes in surprise at what she said. What could she possibly want from Onii-Chan?

"What are planning to do with Onii-Chan?" I asked. If she only wants to take him in, I'd be okay with it. But if she plans on experimenting on him, I won't let her. "You're not going to hurt him, right?" I asked.

"No... no, of course not! I just want to study his behavior towards you. I want to know how it's possible for a titan to hold such affectionate feelings for a human" she said. I just stare at her for a few seconds, trying to see if she's telling the truth.

"Fine..." I said. She grins happily and jumps on her spot. This woman is too energetic for my liking. "When do you plan on going to get him?" I asked.

"Today!" She said. I blink my eyes in surprise at what she said. "Don't worry, you'll see him once I managed to get him" she said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"Just... don't hurt him, okay?" I said. She grins at me and nod her head. She turns around and skips outside giddily. I roll my eyes at her antics. I lay down and stare at the ceiling. I hope she keeps her promise and won't hurt Onii-Chan.

***

I ride the horse as I make my way towards where Hange said she'd be keeping Onii-Chan. From what she told me a while ago before rushing off, she said she managed to capture two titans. One of which is Onii-Chan and another titan.

It didn't take long for me to reach the destination. I get off my horse back and make my way inside the place. My eyes instantly landed on two titans who are being held down by ropes and nails.

Hange is standing in front of them. "You're gonna be Sawney... and you're Bean" she said, pointing at the two of them. She seems to have named them. She jumps out of the way as the two titans tries to take a bite out of her.

"You named Onii-Chan 'Sawney'?" I said. She jumps at my sudden voice and turn to look at me. I crossed my arms across my chest. "I thought we agreed that you won't hurt him! Why'd you nail him down!" I said.

"Sorry, Y/N... but it's necessary to make sure he didn't hurt anyone" she said. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes. I know I can't argue with that. No matter from which angle I try to look from, Onii-Chan is a titan. A man-eating titan in everyone's eyes.

"Fine... but hurt him. Consider it's over on my side. Remember that the only reason I'm here is because of Onii-Chan" I said. She just smiled at me and pat my head. I swat her hand away from my hair. I turn around to look at Onii-Chan.

"Do you think he recognizes you?" She asked as she leans down so her lips are next to my ear. I turn to look at her for a brief moment. I turn to look at Onii-Chan again.

"I believe so..." I said. I uncross my arms and make my way closer to Onii-Chan. I hear the people around here yelling out a warning to not get too close. "Hey, Onii-Chan... remember me?" I said, smiling softly at him.

He let out an angry growl, as if warning me to stay away. But I stand my ground. "Oi, stay away from that monster, idiot!" A soldier yelled out a warning. I turn to look at him and place a finger on my lips, signaling him to shut up.

"Everyone be quiet, please. You're making him nervous" I said. They exchange looks at each other. But neither of them said anything. I turn to look at Onii-Chan again. I smile softly at him and take another step closer.

"It's me, Onii-Chan. Don't you remember me?" I said. He leans down and sniff me. He blinks his eyes as he seems to figure out who I am, because he closes his eyes as he lowers his head down.

I walk up to him and pat his head, playing with his hair. "I've missed you... Onii-Chan. I'm sorry for leaving you for so long. I've been trying to get back to you these whole time" I said. I place my forehead against his, something I've always done since I was a child.

"Y-... Y/N..." he said. I pull away to look at him. I nod my head, smiling softly at him. "I... missed y-you t... t-too" he said. My eyes glaze over as I feel tears streams down my cheeks.

"Onii-Chan! I'm sorry for leaving you behind!" I cried. I climb up his knee and place my head against his chest. I start to cry harder as I keep my head against his chest.

He can't hug me because of the rope prevents him. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy he's near me again. I hope nothing will separate us this time.

*to be continued*