3.Angel's Legion

Alucard wakes the others who, without stopping to look around, follow the angel outside. Curiously, creatures of the night barely approach them, except for a few rare cases that are quickly eliminated by the young Tepes' magical sword.
- Where are we going? There's no way we can face Sekhmet right now. We haven't even managed to touch her- Richter clenches his fists, frustrated, looking at Maria.

- We're not going to face her yet, not without a plan. And if there's anyone who knows how to defeat that resentful cat, it's the Guardians of Knowledge, - she comments, covering herself with the cloak's hood, so that only her gray eyes shine in the darkness.
- The Guardians of Knowledge?

- Those beings tasked with guarding the knowledge of the universe. Raphael is already there waiting for us.- Raphael? Another archangel?- Mizrak seems slightly overwhelmed by the idea, but Annette interrupts
- What I wonder is, where did that thing come from? How did Erzebeth turn into that?
-Sekhmet is the daughter of Ra, the Egyptian sun god. Hundreds of years ago, offended by the decline of worship to her father, she attempted to exterminate humanity. That was when she developed her appetite for human blood. I suppose we could say she turned into a vampire of her own will. Thankfully, Ra loved humanity and, along with other gods, devised a plan to defeat her by getting her drunk. But Sekhmet is resentful, and she never forgave her father for such humiliation, so she allied with Apophis to bring eternal night to the world and unleash her bloodthirst.
- Apophis?
- The Great Serpent, Ra's eternal enemy, who desires chaos by eliminating the Solar Barge and its captain.
- But why now? Why here?
- I imagine Drolta has something to do with that. Quite the dramatic entrance, by the way - Seraphiel jokes, looking at the dhampir with a touch of sarcasm - But unfortunately, I still don't know that information.

- Could someone at least explain to me who the hell Dracula is?- asks Annette after a long silent walk. The rest of the group looks at her as if she were some kind of oddity, while Alucard smiles somewhat uncomfortably.
- Dracula was for a long time the King of Vampires, the Lord of the Night, the Prince of Darkness. He was the most feared being on the planet, even by other vampires- Richter comments, looking at the night sky.
- And what happened to him, then?
- Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades, my ancestors, killed him, with his son's help- he points his head towards the dhampir.
- Why did you face him, Alucard? - Seraphiel tilts her head in disapproval before looking at the blonde, who remains expressionless.
- He went mad after my mother's death and tried to annihilate humanity.
- I would have done the same, honestly- the angel shrugs with some indifference, to the group's astonishment, especially Mizrak, who looks at her with wide eyes and unconsciously strokes the hilt of his sword- Let's be honest, sometimes humanity is not easy to forgive,' the brunette explains, 'though wanting to destroy the world might have been a bit excessive.
- Why didn't you appear then? And why are you coming now?
Richter seems offended, but Seraphiel smiles.
- At that time, your ancestors were only facing a vampire. Powerful, yes, but still just a vampire. No offense,' she adds, looking at the blonde.
- You don't offend me; it's the truth. My father was nothing more than a sad old man when we managed to finish him off.
- Sekhmet, on the other hand, is playing in a different league. They are gods, much more powerful and ancient beings than you can imagine. Although I have to admit, you did quite well against Raziel, it was a good beating.

The girl laughs to herself, while the group looks at her with bewilderment. At that moment, everything makes sense to Alucard. That skeleton wearing a crown claiming to be Death himself...
-Raziel? That thing was one of yours?

Alucard snaps, annoyed. Seraphiel, however, pretends not to have heard and looks away before stopping in front of a huge twisted and dry tree.
- We've arrived.

It's then that the group notices the scent of parchment floating in the air. The girl spreads her wings beneath the cloak and shakes them, causing her feathers to vibrate. One of them detaches and floats to her hand, where it transforms into an intricate old and rusty key that fits into an invisible lock.

In front of them appears a huge dark wooden door that creaks open, granting them access to what seems to be a deep and chaotic warehouse of books, scrolls, and tablets, from the depths of which a whitish light flies towards them.
-Thank you for receiving us, brothers- Seraphiel murmurs, making a small bow - Do not separate, do not look anyone in the eyes, and above all, do not touch anything.

The group moves slowly, guided by the strange glowing sphere, and stops in front of two beings arguing.

One of them is an angel with yellowish and sparse wings, seemingly about 40 or 50 years old. He has long white hair, dark brown, piercing eyes, and is dressed in a ragged Roman-style tunic.

The other, on the other hand, is a being almost two and a half meters tall, a scrawny young man with dark skin and black hair slicked back into a low, tight ponytail, dressed in an Egyptian linen dress, with small eyes. He walks with his head held high and looks at them with a certain superiority as they approach.
-May I know what are this creatures doing here?- the lanky being has a sharp and shrill voice and looks at them haughtily.

- They come with me, Great Thoth, Scribe of the World, Guardian of Ancient Secrets.- Seraphiel removes her hood and makes an exaggerated bow, to which the being responds with an approving gesture of his thin lips.

-Lharagor od ècnahs' vèmám od acrozi.

The deep and resonant voice of the white-haired angel surprises them. The young angel addresses her brother, who smiles affably. with a bow.
-Uriel, brother, I'm so glad to see you. I suppose you know why we've come.

- So it is, sister, I know about Sekhmet.

The mention of the goddess causes the lanky being to bring his hands, with fingers as long as bird legs, to his forehead.
- What has that uncontrollable drunk of my sister done now?

- She has plunged the world into chaos and darkness, Great Thoth.
- Oh, yes, I remember writing something about it a couple of hundred years ago.

* Lharagor od ècnahs' vèmám od acrozi: "I'm glad to see you again."

Uriel: https://www.pinterest.es/pin/543246773811938711/