Part 1: Birth

The sky looms with darkness, this is a time of great strife. The world below the clouds ridden with flame and steel, corpses litter the battlefields, they walk an roam without aim. Such is the way of war. Wind fills the scaly sails of the great beast that soars through the clouds. A beast of great power. The Wyrm Lord. Or at least one of the very few born each couple centuries. The realm of Runterra is broken. 

The war had left it in a state of utter disarray, once prosperous lands were now reduced to ashes

The war had left it in a state of utter disarray, once prosperous lands were now reduced to ashes. All for the purpose of the perfect war. The great beast bellows gently gazing upon his once prosperous lands. He was king once. Loved and adored. The humans, the vastaya, and all other races once lived in harmony. The void ruined that.

It seeped in through the cracks of the underworld, like a thief in the night it stung its vorpal blade between the ribs of the continents. And just as quick as it came it conquered. The countries, kingdoms, regions and mountains were claimed and destroyed.

The giant king had been flies for days, not once resting surveying the destruction brought on by the beasts of the void. His chest lit with an intense rage. His wish unanswered by the gods. To prevent this unholy war. Yet their makers abandoned them in an instant. For they feared, they hid, they cowered.

The beast huffed out in a rage as its neck chinked to the side and let loose a flurry of deep red flame into the clouds. The light of which could be seen from the grounds in the fields of ash. Those who remained looked up. Hope would have been seen if not for the glassy eyed view of despair that covered the subjects of the beast's eyes. They knew not what hope looked like anymore.

After his rage unleashed he stopped his movement simply closing his eyes and floating in the air. His great wings keeping him soaring. He grumbled before changing his direction and heading for the great mountain. The Infernal Peak. Birth place of Dragons. Beginning of all life. He let out a giant roar as he flew. This bellow reached all ends of the green and blue orb. It was heard by all, calling all. To the Great Mountain.

After a couple days of flight the great beast saw its target. The mountain. And along its pathways came his subjects, barely able to walk, barely able to breathe. His heart cried out for each and every one of them. His slitted gaze turned to see the other winged beasts sat atop the peak. His wings beat, the air lifting him up as he landed dead center of the great arena. For a beast his size a mountain would dwarf in comparison, luckily this was no measly mountain.

He stood in the center as he slowly walked towards the giant towering stone monoliths. Each had inscriptions of the current living dragons. His clawed hand moved up to caress one stone pillar in particular. His own. Alberon. His claw dug into the pristine stone as he tore the structure down. Those mortals in the stands looked on in pain seeing their once powerful king simply renouncing his position. The legacy of a failed king. The other serpents gathered alongside him.

 The other serpents gathered alongside him