Prologue

"What exactly do I need a babysitter for, mom?" Kazuha asks, trying to keep her cool.

For Pete's sake, she's eighteen years old! Even if it means having no family members inside their "home" for the next five months, she can manage herself like a grown-up. And besides, she's not a troublemaker or whatever.

"Zuha, sweetie. Five months is a bit longer than the previous business trip that me and your father had. I just want to make sure that you're safe and doing just fine," her mother says, slowly losing patience.

"We have our maids for a reason, mom." Kazuha abruptly stands up from the bed's edge, pacing back and forth and silently begging that her mother would not seriously consider hiring one for her.

"They're our maids, not your babysitters."

"But I don't need someone to look after me! You know how much I hate being taken care of." she argues.

Then it's pure silence.

It takes about a couple of minutes before her mother speaks again, "Whether you like it or not, she'll be staying there for as long as me and your father are away. Don't worry, she's a nice girl, a year older than you. You go to the same university as hers."

"She's still... studying?"

"Yes. I hope you won't give her a hard time. Can I count on you for that?" her mother asks, sounding a bit silly.

It's not like she cares. She'd probably stay in her room whenever she could to avoid any interactions with the babysitter. If it's unavoidable, she would keep their interactions short. That also means her mother will realize she doesn't need one and it won't make sense for her to stay much longer.

Reason? She doesn't like the whole idea of it.

"You know, mom, it's getting kind of late here. I'll talk to you some other time."

She then hangs up the phone and lies upon her soft mattress, allowing sleep to take over.

Surely, having a babysitter wouldn't be much of a bother, right?

Well, that's for tomorrow to worry about.

A/N: Hi! Btw, the story will mainly focus on Yunjin but here's a short prologue from Kazuha's POV before I post the other chapters. Votes and comments are highly appreciated!

Live laugh love shinez <33