Jon's Will and Arya's Heartbreak

The foreigner watched as Jon and Daenerys exited from the mines underneath the stony castle. There was a look in both of their eyes that was very different than the look that they held upon entering the old caves. Less wary and significantly more amiable.

In a world where dragons and direwolves align themselves, a snake's only power is to stay hidden in the sand, striking with exacting precision.

Sarella's uncle, her father, her sisters, and Ellaria Sand had all blown their moments to strike. As a result, House Martell was dead to the world. But Sarella had far more patience than any other child bore by House Martell. And nothing not even her growing feelings for Jon was going to change that.

Silently, she fell in step behind them along with Varys, Missendei, Davos, Tyrion and a few of the Dothraki.

"What is it, Tyrion?" Daenerys asked, a knowing tone to her voice.

He replied, gravely. "We took Casterly Rock."

"Well that's good to hear." Halting the group, she turned to face her advisors. Neither Tyrion nor Varys looked celebratory. "Isn't it??"

Tyrion caught Daenerys up to speed with Cersei's latest evasive maneuvers and the defeat of their remaining ally, Lady Olenna Tyrell. Daenerys stalked across the beach angrily after he was finished, headed somewhere... anywhere in a hurry.

"You'll want to discuss this among yourselves, I suspect." Ser Davos offered as the entire crowd traipsed behind a furious queen.

"You will stay!" Daenerys demanded sharply. Jon exchanged looks with Seaworth and then glimpsed the foreigner over his other shoulder. The foreigner looked out at the sea as though completely oblivious to the heated exchange on the beach.

"All my allies are gone! They've been taken from me while I've been sitting here on this island!" Daenerys fumed.

"You still have the largest armies." Tyrion ran to keep up with Daenery's longer strides, attempting to remind the queen of her vast power.

"Who won't be able to eat because Cersei has taken all the food from the Reach!" Daenery's cut Tyrion off growing tired of his charms.

"Call Grey worm and the Unsullied back. We still have enough ships to carry the Dothraki to the mainland." Tyrion insisted. "We should go ahead with the plan. The blockade of King's landing. It's still the right plan."

"The right plan!!" Daenerys stopped abruptly and turned on Tyrion, the fire igniting in her lavender eyes. "Your strategy has lost us Dorne, the Iron Islands, and the Reach!"

"If I've underestimated our enemies..." Tyrion mumbled.

"Our enemies!! You mean your family. Your sister and your brother." Tyrion leaned back slightly away from the scathing heat radiating off of Daenerys's temper. "Perhaps you don't want to hurt them after all... perhaps I have underestimated you!"

Now she turned to look at what held the foreigner's attention this entire time. Her dragons screeched with excitement as they flew wildly just off the island. She calmed herself and said, "Enough with the clever plans. I have three large dragons. I'm going to fly them to the Red Keep."

Tyrion took a deep breath and then began to convince her to change her mind back. She needed to stick to the smart plan... not the brave plan. But Daenerys had heard enough from her Hand. She turned to Jon. "What do you think I should do?"

Jon looked hesitant, not wanting to be involved. But Daenerys insisted. So he answered her.

Looking back at the foreigner again and then out at the dragons, he remembered how Sarella had compared the two of them, pointing out their similarities not just in thought but in how they had affected the world around them. Then he said, what he had said to himself multiple times before. "The people who follow you know you have made something impossible happen. Maybe that helps them believe that you can make other impossible things happen. They follow you because they want to build a world that's different from the shit one they've always known."