1

One day in 2022.

Its not that I've known him for a long time. We've passed each other in the hallways sparing glances, nodding heads or a slight raise of our lips sharing just the shadow of a smile.

I've never gave him a second thought until we shared a meal. Until I saw the curve of his lips raise a little more until I could see his pearly whites... the deep bass of his voice ringing throughout my body echoing in my ears even when he's not sitting in front of me staring with those brown, almost milky hazel eyes.

He'll respond "hello love" and the side of my neck could feel the ghost of kisses that had never brushed my skin before. The way his eyes roll and head drops slightly at the taste of something so good. Something he's never tasted before.

I don't know where it's come from. It's not that I've known him for a long time. But now at the simplest of times I find my thoughts wondering. His favorite songs have become recurrent on my playlist...

Maybe he wanted me to feel this way? Maybe he never gave me a second thought?

But the way his voice settles in my head, the way his interest in me fans a little flame lit by the need to have someone. A flame lit by the desire to share the covers at night hiding from the cold. To run to when your heart is so full with joy you have no choice but to share it with someone.

//

This poem has been with me for so long, means so much to me. It only feels right it's the first chapter of many! I hope you read and enjoy, I hope you relate or feel free to share your thoughts! 🤍