• My name is Jack •

The warm light creeped through the gap in the blinds, shining on my face. It was fucking irritating.

Can't a guy ever sleep in? No. No he can't.

I groan and roll over, blocking the sun from my face into the cool white pillows around me. Finding comfort again, and I begin to dose off, finally feeling the sleep set in...and the god damn alarm clock goes off! Can you fucking believe it? Not only was I woken up by bright lights, but woken up before my fucking alarm?

Lovely.

I let out an aggravated groan, which caused a chuckle from my roommate, Oliver. He's a freshman in college, while I'm a junior. I had another roommate before him, but that kid got expelled for disorderly conduct, and for physically assaulting a teacher. Yea, he had some real issues.

Still miss him though, we always had good talks for sure.

"This is why you should just get blackout curtains over there, and maybe set multiple alarms." Oliver snickered as I scoffed with an eye roll.

I sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes and face, trying to actually wake up. I could smell the sweet, bitter scent of coffee. Another reason I love Oliver as a roommate and friend, always has my good ol' dirty bean water ready in the mornin.

Oliver grabbed a mug, filling it with the coffee, adding a bit of milk and sugar. For himself tho, he fills a whole tumbler cup. He adds a few ice cubes, about 80% coffee, 15% creamer, and 5% milk. Interesting lad I will say.

Jesus, I just realized I never introduced myself, just been ramblin on and on over shit that ain't important. Anyway, Hi! I'm Jack, well, at least that's what people call me, my actual name is Seán.

This is basically my daily routine of living. And it's pretty boring.

Anyway, back to what I was doing.

I tossed the covers to the side, sliding out of bed and onto my feet. I walked up and grabbed my coffee cup, basically slamming the glass back down once finished, which unfortunately caused a chip and crack in the mug.

"Damnit Jack! That's the second one this week." Oliver grumbled, inspecting the mug to see if it was salvageable. And luckily it was.

"You're lucky."

"Tell me about it."

I walked back over to my dresser and began to pull clothes out of the drawer. This earned me a sigh and headshake from Oliver, who will likely end up refolding the shirts and jeans.

After I found a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a dark gray t-shirt, and grabbed a red flannel as a cover up, I fished spandex and socks out of the top drawer and headed to the bathroom.

As I shut the door I heard Oliver say his usual cocky remark of, 'finally the stinky man bathes' when I finally get in the shower. Which is all jokes because I shower everyday. I swear.

I placed my folded clothes on the sink counter, and turned on the shower, I decided to start brushing my teeth while I was waiting for the water to heat up. By the time I was on my last brush, rinse, and spit pattern the water was perfect. I stripped out of my pajamas and stepped into the shower. I let the warm water wash over me like a waterfall. I almost fell asleep again standing there, which wouldn't be the first time that's happened. I don't wanna talk about it.

After waking myself back up with a few pinches to the arm I washed my hair, body, and face. After rinsing off I stayed under the water for a bit longer as it was oddly comforting and welcoming. But I couldn't stay here forever, as much as I'd absolutely fucking love too. I turned off the shower and braced myself for the freezing air of the bathroom, compared to the warmth of the water.