13.

MILLIE

If someone had told me months ago that I would be filming the campus football star and the hottest hockey players in a mind-blowing indie film late on a Friday night, I would have laughed out loud, but now I am. It's not laughing at the picture, it's the fact that I'm filming the half-naked sex gods. I asked my collaborator Layla to shoot for me because I was so engrossed in the shoot that I couldn't put the camera down. She raises the camera in front of her, mouth agape, and clicks. Noticeably towards Bailee's abs.

I shake my head in resignation as my assistant Micky instructs the guys on what angle to stand while they deliberate on who should go out in the middle of the night to check the fuse that has blown. Or somebody did, as the case may be.

I wanted to make a house invasion thriller that wasn't just about a goat-dog demon (yes, we put two dog ears on a borrowed baby goat) trying to hunt down pretty faces, but also about what happens when four testosterone monsters are rounded up and forced to confess their dirty little secrets. Alongside this, I'd like the film to have the effect of a fifth person camera-working the whole plot. The climax of the story will be me handing over the baton to Micky, who turns out to be the guys' bad guy, their long-time friend, and the one who forced them to make their confessions in a huddle.

I'm shaking my head at the flood of information because it's a classic plot thread, yet I'd like to show the committee who are watching my work something new. It was surprisingly funny to watch the athletes conscientiously spin and learn their way through the smaller script. Bailee even stepped aside and recited the lines to herself with great energy to make them as perfect as possible. Brox and Dylan rehearsed together, and Rowan... Well, he was more focused on me. As he is now. He's actually undressing me with his eyes, so I have to shoot him a reproving look to remind him that we're working. All I get is a half-smile of amusement from him.

I focus the camera on Brox.

"So, two years ago, when I was alone with your sister," he starts, glancing at me. "Something happened."

"What? What happened? Go on," Bailee stands up with exaggerated pretence as she visibly ruffles her hair and looks into the camera. Oh my God...

Brox sighs and shakes his head.

"So, I was with your sister."

"You screwed her?"

"No!" he says. Brox's jaw tightens, and he gives the camera an angry look, as if it might attack him at any moment. "I told her a secret."

"What secret?" he looks at him, confused. "Tell me, Timothy!" he calls out by his character name.

Brox's nostrils flare and he begins to speak as if in pain.

"I have tender feelings for you."

"What's wrong with you?"

"It started at summer camp when we were sixteen."

Bailee sighs loudly.

"Fuck dude, feel your role for a second. Do you find me that unattractive?"

"I'm done!" stands up Brox. "Why? Fuck, you seriously have to set me up with him?" he points at Bailee.

"Why Brox, who would you rather be with?" Grins Rowan.

"Well, not with you now!"

I watch as Brox, offended, asks for a break and heads for the cabin exit.

"And it wasn't even a shower scene," I whisper, and Layla's eyes light up.

"I would have loved to have seen that" she sighs. "Please, Millie, put it in!"