Chapter 16: A Walk to Remember

Denise's POV

Do you guys have that waking moment when nothing excites you and you just feel so down? Yeah.. fuck, hormones.

The door swung. "Babe, breakfast."

Tumango lang ako and M swiftly closed the door again. I checked my phone, making sure I don't have any schedule plotted for the day because I intend to camp and do nothing. With an unreasonable heavy heart, I joined M at the table.

"Coffee," she said as she pushed a cup of my favorite beverage.

"Thanks," matipid kong sagot sa kanya.

We ate in silence, finished in silence, clean up the dining in silence. When I was about to go back to the bed room, M pulled me closer to her and sighed. "Mahal kita kahit nakakainis ang mood swings mo sometimes," she kissed my head and agad na humiwalay. "I'll be home around dinner time, babe. Take out nalang ako ng food." Hindi na nya ako hinintay na sumagot at umalis na sya na nakangiti.

Adorable. Imagine me saying that with a poker face. Ah I hate these female hormones!

I threw myself to my bed and grabbed my iPad. Let me check what's up with you, world.

.

.

.

Nakatulugan ko na pala mag scroll scroll. Nagising ng kumakalam ang sikmura. Lol. Mabuti nalang walang menstrual cramps this time huhu. I ordered food online. Craving for some chinese. Chinese dish dapat nasa utak ko pero nagflash pagmumukha ni M. Please lang brain, umayos ka.

______
M's POV

Denise is PMSing and I'm dialing things down. I've been with her for a long time so I know the different versions of her-- especially the version where she becomes the extra foodie, extra clingy, super annoyed and dont-wanna-see-your-face all at once! I'm okay with it though. I embrace her persona in every season. It's interesting to have somebody who also experience the same as I do.. kaya nga lang, mas intense ang kay Denise. And again, sanay na ako. The more that I am drawn to her. Whipped, yeah.

"Sweetie, don't forget to message me once nakapag decide na kayo ni Denise. Bye. I love you."

It's mom. Kausap ko lang sya a few secs ago over the phone. Nag-follow up sa decision namin ni Denise if kukunin namin yung offer nya to move into a bigger house, the one na bagong acquire ng company ni mommy. Mom is insisting kasi gusto raw nya mabawasan yung gastos namin. Ticking off the rent from our monthly expenses would be of big help naman talaga. Kaso lang, moving out is a big decision to make lalo na't babalik din naman ako sa Pilipinas after a year and Denise would probably be back to her family. Or not. She did mention getting a job offer in NYC.

My phone beeped. I gotta go. Baka gutom na yung isa sa bahay.

I called her up. Hindi sumagot. Okay, may topak pa. I drove to the nearest restaurant and got the food I pre-ordered for us.

When I arrived at our pad, naka-lock. Tapos di pa gumagana yung passcode so tumawag ulit ako sa kanya. Again, hindi parin sumasagot. Kaya tinext ko na. "Babe, open up. Mainit tong dala ko."

When the door finally opened, she threw herself to me, crying. Muntik ko pa mabitawan ung brown bag. What the fuck? Psh. Ano pa gagawin ko diba so syempre yayakapin ko to. A big hug for my big baby. I didn't talk nor move. Hinintay ko lang mag-subside yung nararamdaman nya. This is just one of those things. Lalo na't naririnig ko yung audio from the TV. She's watching 'A Walk to Remember' again.

"I'm starving," she said out of the blue. Impossible, right? Ang bilis po mag switch ng feelings ng mahal ko. She's still clinging to me. Naglakad ako papuntang dining area with the koala.

"May pasok ka bukas, right?" she asked. Mugto pa ang mga mata from crying. Nagprepare ako ng pagkakainan namin and nakaupo lang sya, eyes glued to the food before her. Tiger.

"Yes, I have. Ikaw din naman."

"Hindi ako papasok."

"Babe."

"I wanna go camping."

"Babe, exams week."

I sat across her and prepped her plate. Kulang nalang subuan ko na tong isang tao.

"Next week pa yung samin so I can skip classes. I'm just telling you naman that I want to go camping. You're not obliged to join me."

I stared at her and studied her face. Shit. Ang ganda mo, my love. Pero you are intentionally tormenting me right now coz alam mong gustung gusto kitang samahan.

We prayed and started to eat. Nawawala talaga topak neto pag may pagkain. "Babe, you never went camping without me. How would you set up everything?"

"Kaya ko naman."

I couldn't help but just roll my eyes.