Let the journey begin!

'Well, if this is your team of superhero's, I don't think we will ever survive the first meeting.' I said after I got a good look at everyone. They may seem powerful and dangerous, but if they want to win the fight against these ... things ...  They need to find a different way. 'You know that I can kill you any second, right?' Natasha's voice could be heard. Well, technically... 'No, I can easily beat you ' That answer got me a few curious looks. But I wasn't able to answer them as Fury walked to the front of the table. 'Spare the fighting for later and focus on the mission.' I quickly made it beside Fury and nodded 'So, as everyone normally knows, Tony's system has been hacked. I reassure you that it isn't some robot trying to take over the world, I already checked that. Now, neither me nor Tony were able to get back into the program. Luckily, I know who, or what, it is.' 

Because the whole tower was hacked, I wasn't able to show them the pictures on the big screen. So I had to do it with a little 3D hologram camera I always had with me. Lucky for me, I had upgraded it a week ago, so it could show the pictures ten times bigger. 

While the pictures were shown, I started talking again 'These are, what I like to call them: copy cats. These copy cats are able to copy not only your brain, but also your abilities. For example, if they copy Wanda, they would have not only Wanda's brain, which means -I'm not insulting you-how smart she is and her character, but also Wanda's powers.' You could see on the look of there faces that they didn't like to hear that. 'And how do they do that? Is there a way to prevent it from happening?' Star boy asked. 

It's just easier to remember so much names if you give them funny nicknames

'Simple, don't look at them. But then you will definitely be dead' I quickly added. 

'Wow, that really helped us further!' Clint whispered in Natasha's ear. Although I wouldn't be able to hear it, I still did. 'It's like this: if they look you in the eye, they can copy your skills, but if they can hit you with that beam of theirs, you'll be hypnotized until that same beam is broken.' I said matter of factly. 'So, conclusion: they are immortal.' Muscle Man muttered under his breath. it sounds terrible, but it was true. Ever since I started doing my research on them, I've never found a way that indicated they were beatable. Although the chances of there being a way to beat them were getting smaller and smaller, I didn't give up trying.

'Well, I have never met them before, so I can't really say they are completely invincible.' I tried to not let them lose there hope. Understanding my attempt on encourage them up, Fury had taken a step forward 'Exactly. So, this will be your new mission: Find the aliens, see if you can find a way to at least knock them out and find the reason behind their attack on the tower. Agent Jones will give you the insides of the mission.' Agent? I wasn't an agent. Yes, I do work with Fury, but I've never done it for SHIELD or any other organisation. I ignored it as best as I could and nodded.

'The Quinjet will arrive over one hour, get ready, pack everything you need, say goodbye to the ones you want and be on time.' he looked around before going continuing 'Dismissed.' And with that, everyone stood up and walked away. I waited until every single hero was out of sight before turning around. 'You don't need to call a jet, the chance of them also being hacked is too big. Let me get my jet, it's faster that way.' I said. I had flown them before and the slowness of the jet had irritated me so much that I had made my own.

'I will, but I want to be able to contact you.' I gave him the most grateful smile I could. I was lucky that Fury had known me for so long, otherwise he would definitely have said no.

A/N: 🥁 🥁 🥁

How does she know Fury? Who are those copy cats? 

But biggest question of all: 

Will the Avengers be able to find a way defeat them and come out of it alive?

Al of the answers on those questions will be answered...

- - - - -

Update 18th January 2024

Uuuuuum, yeah....

Updated?

...in the next chapter(s). 😁