𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

THEN

THEN.

Christmas Eve.

It is a particular time for families to spend together - a time for giving and getting. Parents are placing the finishing touches on the present their kids will open on Christmas morning. Those who went to bed that night had smiles on their faces. They were going to wake up with happiness and joy on their faces. That didn't apply to two people in California. Apolline Ampara Alvardo and Izan Santiago Alvarado. The father and daughter weren't enjoying their Christmas Eve. Apooline wasn't enjoying her birthday. She was going to remember this one for a very long time.

The father and daughter duo were lying on the living room floor with blood all over their bodies. Izan certainly had much more coming out than his daughter. Apolline didn't think that her day would end up with her bleeding out in her house. She barely saw her father at all except the morning when he wished her happy birthday before he left for god knows where. He didn't show up to work and that alarmed Apolline and Matteo. Izan always went to work after he talked to his cousin about whatever blacklister he was giving to the task force.

Apolline had spent the day worrying about where her father was instead of enjoying her birthday. The second she opened the door after being out with her boyfriend, Robby Keene for a few hours, she was met with her father with multiple stab wounds on the floor with his hands tied. Crimson blood was all over his clothes. Izan warned her not to come any closer. His warning went in one ear and came out the other. Once she put her whole body inside the house, two random men in civilian clothing aimed their guns at her.

Minutes later, she was on the floor with a bullet in both of her legs thanks to one of the men. She missed the table in the corner by a few inches. Apolline took out her dragon-engraved switchblade from her pant pocket and stabbed the man in his leg. In return, another man (who looked like the leader) used his knife to stab her in the shoulder. She dropped her switchblade, letting the leader kick it out of her reach.

"You may be wondering who I am and what I am doing here. Who I am is not important. I simply want something that your father has." The brunette man turns his head in Izan's direction. He kicks him to keep his eyes open. "Now, tell me where it is and call Ximénez for me."

He doesn't utter a word for a few seconds. "Go to hell." Izan spat. The leader clicks his tongue. "That isn't what I wanted to hear." He took out a knife and stabbed Izan in the stomach, making Apolline yell at him to stop.

"Leave him alone!" The man turns his head to her. He grabs his gun from the back of his pants and shoots her in the abdomen. "I don't like being interrupted while I'm doing my thing." Another man with blond hair raised a shoebox full of whatever was inside. "Found it. Hidden in his bedroom. It's all in here"

The leader kneels to Izan. "Now, I don't like to repeat myself but it seems like I have to. Call Ximénez." He doesn't utter a word. He does not want to put her in danger. "I don't like to hear that so I have to do some convincing." The brunette turns around to where Apolline is and he plunges the knife between her chest before removing it.