Chapter 1

Alone in my room, her image stuck in my head. I tried to shake it off, but her face lingered like a tattoo on my thoughts. Closing my eyes just made it worse – her presence felt beyond the real world.

"Darn it" I said, realizing she's not just anyone; she's my best friend's sister. A heavy sigh escaped me, carrying the weight of a problem that seemed like an endless road. The magnetic pull of her beauty clashed with the certainty that my friend wouldn't be cool with me thinking like that.

As I tried to figure out my feelings, it felt like a tough journey ahead. Forgetting her seemed impossible, but going for her seemed just as hard, tangled up in the fragile threads of friendship and loyalty. The story of my heart read like a novel – full of wanting, secrets, and the struggle to make peace between what I wanted and the ties that held me back.

Approaching my wardrobe, I found the clothes I'd wear for the night, marking a quiet change. The mirror on my dressing table reflected my actions, almost like a partner in my nighttime routine. While brushing my hair, I wondered if she ever thought about me as intensely as I did about her.

Examining my reflection, I noticed the details – messy hair framing a face shaped by life, a body shaped by hours at the gym. But then a troubling thought hit me – was she thinking about someone else? The idea made me uneasy, so I turned away from the mirror, seeking comfort in the shadows of uncertainty.

With a deep sigh, I bowed my head, burdened by these thoughts. Quietly, I put away the brush, giving in to the mysterious dance of unspoken questions. Heading to bed, I felt the weight of what might come the next day, adding a layer of mystery to the emotional journey I was on, all under the moonlit night's watchful eye.

After a night filled with her thoughts lingering in my mind, the morning sun rudely revealed my late awakening. It hit me hard – oversleeping on a day where being on time was crucial. "Not today, damn it!" A crucial meeting awaited, and my tardiness threatened the image of a successful millionaire unaffected by love's whims.

In a rush, I scrambled to get dressed, a stark contrast to my usual composed self. While brushing my teeth, the mirror showed a shirtless figure, shaped by hard work and determination. Admiring the toned body, the reflection whispered stories of discipline and triumph, turning impossibilities into victories. A blush betrayed the familiarity – proof of a journey marked by unwavering commitment.

Spitting out the remains of a hastily stopped morning routine, I wiped my face with a towel, briefly reveling in the reflection. "Focus on work, no distractions!" The self-imposed mantra echoed, guarding against the intoxication of emotions. With a final look in the mirror, I hurried out, driven by the urgency of an important meeting, unaware of the secret matters of the heart.

While I was halfway to where I needed to be, a sudden message interrupted my quick steps. Getting a text so early caught me by surprise. A feeling of unease washed over me, wondering if it could be the person I had the important meeting with. Could my lateness lead to more than just inconvenience?

Just the thought of facing consequences sparked anxiety, making me question how a seemingly harmless night of thinking might affect the years of hard work I've put in. Trying to unlock my phone, I felt a sense of suspense as the message appeared on the screen.

Confirming my suspicion, I quickly parked my car, the engine's hum fading into the background. The message started with a formal tone, hiding the unexpected twist of events.

"Dear Mr. Alex,

It is with regret that I must inform you that our scheduled meeting cannot proceed today. An unforeseen emergency has arisen; my aunt has met with an accident, demanding my immediate presence elsewhere. I regret any inconvenience this may cause and hope for your understanding. I propose we reschedule our discussion for next month when I can resume my professional commitments."

With a genuine wish for his aunt's swift recovery, I quickly responded to convey my understanding of the situation. I lingered for a moment before restarting my car. Glancing through the front glass, a realization struck – I was a mere five minutes away from my best friend's home. The proximity ignited a contemplation, an inquiry into the fabric of fate or mere coincidence conspiring to align with the desires of my heart.

"Could it just be chance, or is destiny aiming for the same things as my heart?"

I dismissed the whimsical idea, knowing it was more of a passing wish than some grand cosmic plan. Pursuing my best friend's sister wasn't straightforward, given the protective shield he put around her and the trust he had in me.

"No! I need to forget about her," I said with determination, trying to push down the growing emotions.

With a hesitant sigh, I started the engine, thinking about how tricky it is to erase desires from the heart. "If only it were that simple, or maybe it is. Well, they say nothing is impossible, right?" The uncertainty of hope echoed as I prepared to drive away.

Just as I was about to move forward, my phone rudely interrupted with a loud ring. Seeing it was Sam, my best friend, added an unexpected twist to the mix of emotions and desires on this unpredictable day.

I hesitated before answering, unsure of what news he might bring.

"Hey, Sam, what's up?"

I tried to sound casual, but my mind raced with thoughts about his sister and the complicated feelings that surrounded her.

To my surprise, Sam's voice echoed not just through the phone but also from a distance. He emerged from the shadows, demanding me to stop. A bewildered shock gripped me, and the lingering thought resurfaced – "Is this another coincidence?"

Halting the engine, I met Sam, who questioned why I was parked there. I recounted the series of events, omitting the delicate detail of my burgeoning feelings for his sister. A fleeting moment of guilt washed over me for keeping a secret from my best friend, but the weight of the unspoken truth prevailed. Could I justify my hesitation to share such a complex emotion?

Setting aside my inner struggles, I realized I had to keep certain feelings hidden to protect our friendship. Opening up about my internal turmoil might raise suspicions. With the canceled meeting now out in the open, Sam invited me over to his place.

Our enduring friendship had a rich history, like a beloved novel filled with shared laughter, camaraderie, and an unspoken bond. Yet, beneath the surface, something had changed unexpectedly. Invited to Sam's home, where his sister lived, my heart prepared for the consequences of these unexplored emotions.

Navigating their shared space became a challenge. The comfort I once felt there was now mixed with the weight of unspoken desires. How could I avoid her? In the same place where she lived, my silent yearning echoed through the walls. There were moments when, in Sam's presence, she would appear to help him, intensifying the ache within me.

For someone secretly in love, getting close to the person they adore is usually a great opportunity, a chance to bask in the happiness they bring. But for me, it was a tricky path. Conflicting desires tore at the core of who I am. I couldn't risk breaking my best friend's trust, yet I felt stuck, unable to move toward the one who had become the focus of my heart's turmoil.

The internal struggle continued, like an emotional melting pot where love and loyalty clashed. As the evening went on, the big question hung in the air – could I manage this delicate dance, or would the complications of desire and friendship start to unravel in ways I couldn't predict?