{Prologue} A dull world

Things have been off lately, everyone has changed. The world seemed dull, more dull than usual. At first there was more color, that was until Mushroom came back. Of course people were happy Mushroom was back, some were comfortable, while others hid their discomfort, so much so that no one noticed. Mushroom told lies regularly, so much that no one knew what was a lie and what wasn't.

Soon, a group formed, they swore secrecy to each other. But overtime, others left, they got banished. Some left with others despite being welcomed back if they wished. So why does it look dull? There's still color, yet it feels so dull. The water looks devoid of color, the grass has turned gray. The ship.. It doesn't look like home anymore, it doesn't look like something he should be proud of anymore.. Why does he stay? What did they do wrong?

He supposes it comes with life. The endless cycle of life.. He's grown so used to the world spinning. He wonders if they feel the same.. The only color he can see... the ones who wish for a restart. A boy who shines green, an angel who shines white, a ghost who shines gray, a girl who shines pink. He's happy with them, so much so that he shines blue.

They make him happy, the only source of color he has. As he looks at the others who started shining dull colors compared to when he first found them. He doesn't dare look at them anymore, he knows that they've moved on. They've changed, the only color he knows has also changed but they shine brighter to him. He often wonders if he shines just as bright when they look at them as he sees them.

The world was devoid of color; the things that once had color now were blank. It seems like everything was just plain white paper with texture, yet... the things that they once loved were starting to get dimmer. They looked at each other and they smiled. Though one's smile was starting to become smaller the more he thought about something..

He who was a fox, he who's part of the Vulpini tribe. One who's part of the secret group, he whose tail swayed wherever he walked. He who was the voice of comfort. He whose name is Shǐ Zhèn Zhī or known as Zuzu by everyone else. He was the one who was the color blue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zhèn Zhī walked far to escape the others, they needed a break from the others. He doesn't know why he felt the urge to escape from the drama. He walked and walked and walked. Until he fell into a small deep puddle. Zhèn Zhī stretched his arms up and resurfaced, he gasped for air as soon as he arose. HIs ears drooped downwards as he climbed out of the puddle. Zhèn Zhī glared at the puddle, he supposes it was his own fault for not paying attention. Zhèn Zhī raised his head.

Zhèn Zhī heard a croak, he looked down at his feet and saw a frog. The frog looked at Zhèn Zhī and it croaked again. When Zhèn Zhī's mind processed that it was a frog he flinched and jumped away "Eh!? A temperate frog?" Zhèn Zhī bent down, he hated how his hair stuck to his clothes and face. Zhèn Zhī picked up the frog, "My name is Shǐ Zhèn Zhī, but you can call me Zuzu, it's easier to say." Zuzu looked at the frog. The frog looked back at them, it closed one eye and a few seconds after the other eye, Zuzu cringed and set the frog down, "God, why am I talking to a frog..".

As they set the frog down he noticed the grass was a different shade of white compared to usual he raised his head and noticed. There were some giant mushrooms and things different then a spruce biome or any of the other biomes. "A swamp..? I don't recall the mainland being close to any swamps." Zuzu smiled softly, his eyes kind as he saw the plain white area. He moved and sat under a tree after realizing it's too late to go home.

Zhèn Zhī made a small campfire, he cooked kelp he had collected earlier that day when he found a kelp forest. He listened around, his ears listened to the crackle the fire made, his ears occasionally tilting other ways where he heard noises. Zhèn Zhī pulled his knee's closer to himself and hugged them, his eyes windows to what he felt. He felt lonely, it felt quiet, he reminded himself of why he decided to go and see where his legs took him.

It took him many places, they took him to jungles, deserts, forests and the ocean. He wanted to find a reason, a reason to stay. And yet he couldn't seem to find any reason to stay. Zhèn Zhī.. Zuzu always wondered why his name was 'Shǐ Zhèn Zhī' he never even knew where he came from. When he did try to remember where he came from he drew a blank. He didn't know his parents or recall any family he's had. He only knows of his friends. He wonders what they're doing, hopefully they're alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zuzu woke up and he blinked, his vision blurry and fogged. He yawned and his eyes watered, he stretched his arms, once done he used his hands that had little finger pads and a palm pad on them and rubbed his eyes so he could see. Zuzu blinks a few times, 'Why is that flower so pink..?' Zuzu asked himself in his mind. He takes a moment to stare at the flower that shines pink and white, with large petals and large round leaves that floated atop the water so innocently. It was perfectly clean despite sitting atop dark and murky water. Water that's brown and cloudy from mud being disturbed by the creatures that inhabited the water.

His eyes widened when he realized.. The flower had color, while everything else seemed so dull to him. He quickly crawled to the edge of the water and looked at the flower. A lotus, a white/pink lotus that was so pure and shone so bright in color in the naturally dirty area. He reached for the flower and his fingertips touched the delicate pedals, he retracted his hands when his fingertips brushed against the soft pedals. He looked at his hand and he saw that they glew from blue to pink and white before they turned back to blue.

He reached for the lotus again this time putting his hand in the water, under the lotus and pulled the lotus closer. He broke the stem gently and lifted it out of the murky water and he looked at it closely and carefully. He held it as if it was the only thing important in that moment. He leaned closer to it and sniffed it. He relaxed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zhèn Zhī opened his eyes and his eyes widened. He never saw so much color in his life ever since... He lifted his hands and looked at them. He blinked tears away, he saw his skin, his warm skin, he missed seeing his normal skin color. Zhèn Zhī felt his knees go weak when he looked up, Lotus petals falling from the sky, it made him feel warm and calm. Zhèn Zhī looked at the sky that was so blue, and the grass that was so luscious, green and soft.

"Why isn't it so dull..?" Zhèn Zhī... no, Zuzu finally realized. If he wants to be happy he needs to leave his old life behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zuzu opened his eyes with a gasp, he looked down at the lotus in his hands. He quickly rose to his feet and he started running, with the only source of color in his hands. He will make it home and show the ones he trusts the Lotus. He wants to start over, and with the ones he loves. He will figure himself out, he will make himself happier, even if it means leaving with the ones he loves.. Or alone and by himself...

 Or alone and by himself