I'm Not Your Puppet

I took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"Hi, are you Ricky?" I asked.

"Yeah, apparently you're my tattooist today." He said, nodding at me.

Good, he didn't seem to recognise me, so I relaxed a little.

I got on with the usual and tattooed him before wrapping his arm up with a padded bandage and handing him his change after he paid.

As he walked out I heard him mutter something to himself, which only I was meant to hear.

"Goodbye, Amelia."

At that point my walls came crumbling down. I excused myself and headed out to the back, not bothering to shut the door behind me and leaned against the wall, pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

I promised myself I wouldn't smoke, but if you're around Ricky and the guys, it gets to you and you can't help yourself.

I sighed and flicked my cigarette to the ground and walked back inside, preparing my station for my next client.

Once the day was over and we closed up shop I went home, not bothering to hop into the shower this time. I changed into my pajamas and sat in the kitchen for a while drinking a mug of herbal tea to calm down.

Once I was done I headed up to my room, unable to stop thinking about Ricky as I fell asleep in my bed.