Chapter-18

Next Day,

   Rohit was laying on his bed lost in his thoughts.

Rohit's POV

    Varsha jells up quickly with everyone who is close to me... I wonder that if it was Ritika in her place would she also jell up like Varsha does... But why am I thinking of Ritika now??? Damn... I need to share my past with Varsha now... She is my fiancee she needs to know... She gave me enough time to be comfortable with her and now it's time to share it with her. Hope I will be able to...

    He was brought out of his thoughts by the ringing of the bell. He went and saw Virushka and Mahiakshi there. They all shared a hug.

Mahibhai:- Ro, you alright bachhe??? Why you suddenly called us home???

Ro:- Bhai... I decided to share my past with Varsha today and I...

    Virat saw him hesitating and rubbed his back taking him a side hug. He continued.

Ro:- I don't think I can do that without you all being there. Besides I don't know about Varsha's reaction.

Nush:- Don't worry Ro... She will understand that...

   After a few minutes the bell rang again. Rohit saw Varsha standing there. He gave here a side hug and asked her to come in. She greeted others too.

Var:- Rohit why you called me so urgently??? Are you guys ok??? Ma-Papa, Vishal bhai theekh hai na???

Nush:- Varsha calm down. Everyone is alright.

Var:- Ohh... I got worried.

Ro:- Sorry to call you this urgently... It's just I... I wanted to share my past with you.

Var:- Rohit I told you before also and I am repeating it now too... I want you to take your time to share it... I know it's not easy to share everything with someone you barely know for 3-4 months.

Ro:- No... I am ready to share it. You gave me enough time. I called Bhai, Bhabhi, Vi and Nush cuz I can't share it without them being by my side.

Var:- I have no problem of  them being here. They are family.

    Virushka, Mahiakshi and Ro smiled hearing that.

Ro:- I had a girl in my life. She was there with me since we were in kindergarten. She was my best friend. She was my first ever friend. She was a total Tom boy. She didn't like dressing up like girls usually do. She used to roam around in her PJ's only.

   Rohit chuckled remembering her.

Ro:- Our parents also knew each other well becuz of our friendship and our usual visits to each other's home. Her parents considered me as their son and my parents they considered her as their daughter, we all were that close. If it wasn't for her I couldn't even clear my schooling. She used to help me with my studies. We both were of totally opposite nature.

     Varsha saw how his eyes had a glint while he was talking about his ex.

Ro:- She was the one who recognised my love towards cricket. If not for her, I wouldn't have played cricket like I do at this point of time. Talking about our personal relation, it was first of a best friend and then one day out of the blue, cuz of her bold and brave nature, she proposed me. I was shocked, I walked away just like that. It was when I started playing Ranji trophy. I avoided her for weeks. Then once during one of matches she came to watch and I had no idea about that. After the match she dragged me to outskirts of the city.

    She asked me why was I avoiding her. I had only one answer, I didn't wanted to loose my best friend. She made me a promise that even if our relationship falls out someday she would remain my best friend. After a few years I started playing for India... There I met Mahibhai and Vi. She also bonded well with them and even with Bhabhi and Nush. We were about to marry in a few years. We saw our future together but I realised that in the coarse of life, things don't always go as you planned. We got engaged the same month and announced it. Her behaviour changed after a few months, I thought it must be due to her work pressure but once she asked to meet me. I asked her can we marry the next year... But her reply fell like a thunderstorm. She said that she felt suffocated being in a relationship with me and she wants to end it. I tried to convince her but she didn't budge. Before leaving she took a promise from me that I wouldn't ever try to contact her or search for her. She left the very next day.

   Rohit was shedding tears and Virat who himself had misty eyes was sitting beside him rubbing his back.

Ro:- I never thought that I would loose her. It seemed like my life was useless without her. I am here alive, safe and sound just becuz of my four pillars of life.

   He said pointing at Virushka and Mahiakshi.

Ro:- Not for a moment they left me alone. After a few months I realised that the one who left was her then why am I punishing my family for it. Ma... I don't know how much she felt hurt just becuz of me. Papa... He never said anything but he stood by me always. Vishal... He didn't even marry Dipali even when I forced him... He said that he won't marry unless I find a partner for myself. Mahibhai... He stood up for me through thick and thins. He became an elder brother for me that I never had. Bhabhi... I never felt motherly warmth except from Ma but she treated me like her own child, more like she adopted me. Nush... She used to check on me every now and then, protecting me when it should have been vice versa as I am elder but she took up that responsibility. She used to drag me with her whenever she wanted to go out. And what should I say about Vi... My soul brother. He has experienced my pain as if it was his own. My safe corner is him. I can't even count on my hands how many nights I ended up crying in his embrace and he held me close, consoling me.

    Rohit was now breathing a bit heavy.

Vi:- Ro... Calm down... Breath with me slowly... In and out.. yes just like that...

    He calmed down and had some water before continuing.

Ro:- Varsha...

    She looked at him.

Ro:- She left but her place is something I can't give to anyone. It will take time for me to feel everything. I am sorry you are going through alot becuz of me. If you want you can back out from this and don't worry I will handle our parents if that is what stops you from taking the decision.

Varsha:- Bol liya Jo bolna tha?? Now can I speak???

( Aaj hi sab reveal kardu toh phir book khatam ho jaayegi bohot jaldi...)

_____________________________________

Precap:-

Varsha's decision

Next update:-

12/12/23

   Thank you for those who voted and commented on the last chapter. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thank you...