.1.

This story is set when Rhysand is captured by Amarantha, Under the Mountains. And Amarantha is ruling over all the courts.

Today is a nice day but, it's cold. I guess thats just like any other day for me. Since, it's always cold on these Illryian Mountains. I am not Illryian, because my father had me with a human. I do not know the entire backstory to how I was born. The only bits of information I know is that my mother was the most beautiful person around.

Apparently, I had inherited it.

With my pin straight, hip length, platinum blonde hair and soft tan skin and slim, toned figure, I have always been praised for my looks. I truly am happy about how I look and I am not going to deny it. The only, small thing that really nags me though is my height. I am 5"2', that's really short and surprising since my father is a tall, hefty Illryian.

Apart from that my dad has never talked about my mother, since it's a shame that I am half human. I don't bother him much about it too. We don't talk much but we eat together often. It's a nice equation we have and no matter what I know he cares about me alot.

Illryian girls are not allowed to train and I have accepted that fact. I don't have it as bad as other girls at the camp, who have cruel fathers. At my age, girls tend to get married off. I know my father is going to want to talk about it soon but it keeps getting delayed, since neither of us want that awkward conversation to happen.

Anyways today has been pleasant so far and now it's time I made lunch for me and father, who is about to come back from training younger kids.

Just as I was about to get the vegetables, I heard some loud commotion from outside. I quickly went out to check it out.
Outside I saw a huge army sort of entering our camp. In front was a stern looking lady with hideous red lips. And suddenly saw all of them starting to attack the people. The creatures went slashing with their talons and claws.

Before I knew it I went running looking for my father. Amongst the fighting, I saw him in the distance trying to escape a beast. I picked a strewn sword on the ground and went hurtling, to kill it. As I was about to approach them, I was pulled back and slammed into the ground by my hair. I head was throbbing and my scalp burned. That monster picked my up by my hair and I thrashed. To no avail, I was dragged to the woman who seemed to enjoyed the massacre. I don't know who these people are and why they were hear. I couldn't understand anything and I couldn't focus as the creature and woman conversed.
I didn't understand anything till, she was grasping my chin roughly and brought my face close to hers.

She rasped, "Oh! What a pretty face , don't you look just ravishing. How much fun I could have with you. So tell what's your name, my darling, mine is Amarantha."