Keep Dancing (Kai Widdrington) Pt.2

The Monday after you and Kai revealed your shared love for each other, you were due to appear on the latest episode of It Takes Two to talk about your exit. The Sunday had been pretty quiet until the results show finally aired, when a load of comments and posts came flooding in about how they could just make out the two of you locking lips.

You put on your nicest outfit, trying not to panic about the whole thing too much. The comments had mostly been very positive and were obviously out of curiosity, but like with every new couple born from Strictly Come Dancing, there were a fair share of negative ones.

They hurt you, as much as you didn't want to admit it. You knew how you felt about Kai and the last thing you wanted was to be involved in the next "strictly curse". You loved him, that was for sure, and now you knew he loved you too. That kiss was all it took.

It was pretty damn hot too. Not that anyone else had to know that.

As you tried to make sense of the situation, your phone buzzed. It could only be one person.

"Hey."

"Morning beautiful, are you ready for me?" Kai asked. "I'm on my way."

"Just about." You said, checking yourself over in the mirror. "Message me when you're here, okay?"

"Of course I will." He said. "See you in five."

"See you then."

There was silence for a moment, like both of you were waiting for the other to say something. It was Kai who eventually hung up.

You sighed wistfully. You loved him so much and you knew you always would, but you were still worried. How could you, in this world full of trolls and hate, really love him like you wanted to?

Your whirling thoughts were soon interrupted by another buzz. This time it was a text:

I'm here darling 🩷🩷🩷❤️❤️❤️

You smiled at the hearts. He always added hearts, no matter what the context was. "Want to swing by after training"? Hearts. "Well done today, you'll smash it on Saturday"? Hearts. "Loved tonight I'm so proud of you"? Lots. Of. Hearts. It was one of the many things you loved about him.

You quickly replied, grabbed your bag and ran out of the door, where Kai was leant on the bonnet of his car waiting for you.

"Hey." He smiled at the sight of you. "You look beautiful as always."

"You don't look so bad yourself." You chuckled.

You had to admit, you'd tried your best for him that day.

"D'you want to hop in then?" Kai asked. "Or do you want to stand out here in the cold?"

"I'm coming!"

He opened the door to let you in before getting in himself, started the car and drove off toward Elstree studios.

"How was the rest of your weekend?" Kai asked, dividing his attention between you and the road.

"It was okay."

"It doesn't sound like it was okay." He said observantly. "Still upset about Saturday?"

"Yeah, but it's more than that." You sighed. "Kai, have you been getting any...negative comments? You know, about that."

He sighed. "Oh my love, have you been getting them? I've had a few, but you're always bound to with this silly curse everyone talks about. I promise, we'll be left alone once we set them straight."