Turn Red

“Here?”

“Yes.”

“And here?”

“Yes, everywhere, as I said.”

“What about here?”

Bog pinches the bridge of his nose in quiet exasperation. “Well, everywhere includes everywhere, so, yes...”

“OK, good. And what about–“

“Oh, for the love of–“ Bog turns his back, and while he tries not to lose the will to live—

—Beside him, Sugar Plum is marvelling at how once he would have exploded over such little annoyances, but now is more focused on anything but. Of course it’s all thanks to a certain Warrior Princess Fairy. But along with making him soft, Plum is also now losing the will to live with this whole new nervous look on him.

He’s like a little girl in love for the first time.

It would be funny, if it wasn’t so annoying...

Plum shoos the goblins away after magically filling their heads with their orders, keeping them from asking yet again. She swirls around, floats back over to Bog, and sighs loudly with hands on her hips as she softly scolds him with, “I never pegged you for a coward.”

OK, so, maybe she’s outright taunting him...

Before, where he would have turned on her with a vicious snarl, now, Bog slowly turns and even winces a tiny little bit when asking, “How angry was she?”

Plum barely fights back a smirk as she nods firmly and says, “Yes.”

Bog blinks, then, pales considerably, gulps and mutters, “Shit...”

“Mm.” Plum hums casually, folding her arms over her chest as she asks, “Why won’t you just let me use my magic to make things quicker?” She stares curiously at him.

“Because that’s cheating.” Bog snaps quietly. He clears his throat when Plum arches a brow and smirks knowingly then after her eyes widen a fraction in realisation.

Plum practically swoons, hands clasped together and eyes soft as she smiles brightly upon him and says, “Not all magic is cheating. Not all love potions are for making people fall in love.”

Bog scoffs. “I’m well aware. And I’m not doing this for the magic. I’m doing this for her. To prove I am no longer the uptight arse I was before. And I don’t need magic to tell me how I feel about her.”

Plum throws her hands up in the air in a silent cheer as she praises him with, “Now you get it. Took you long enough. Magic is for shortcuts. None of which you and your fairy princess need.”

Bog rolls his eyes, but has to turn away to hide a small smile. Though, it quickly dissolves when Plum tells him, “She thinks you’re having second thoughts.”

Bog laughs breathlessly at the absurdity of that notion even entering his love’s pretty little head. “And here is me thinking the same, for very obvious reasons.”

Plum scoffs loudly, rolls her eyes and tells him, “We’ve already been through this. And yes, your face is a face that is...a little more difficult to love–“

“Thank you.” Bog cuts in with a sarcastically drawl tone and a withering glare.

Plum offers a two second apologetic smile, causing Bog to roll his eyes again. Plum rolls hers again, too, before reaching forward to slap him around his difficult to love face, while and he is gasping and glaring and clutching his cheek, Plum snaps at him with, “My point is; get a grip! You are the BOG KING! You can do ANYTHING! ...Well, not like me, but–you can do ALMOST anything!”