12~ First Night

Author's POV,

"My wife."

He answered and held her waist more tightly, protectively pushing her trembling figure behind his back to avoid his father's skimming gazes.

He could not tolerate another man looking at her it doesn't matter if that other man is his father.

"SHAILJA!!!" Adhiraj shouted still staring at his only son who showed his face after five years that is also with a random girl calling her his wife.

"SHAILJA!!"

"What happened to you?" Shailaja came out of their room and asked only to be stunned seeing her son after five long years.

Abhay and Aabha too came out of their room hearing Adhiraj's shouting voice with Maya and Rakesh from another room, who just come in the morning to meet Shailaja only to halt in their places after seeing the person standing at the door.

"See your son bought you a daughter-in-law," Adhiraj mocked suppressing his anger behind a forced smile.

Ardhansh smiled seeing their stunned faces and slowly pulled Yana beside him wrapping his arm protectively around her tiny waist.

She clutched his palm tightly feeling so many intense gazes on herself, they all were making her nervous and feel unwanted.

He pressed his fingers on her palm and moved them slightly to assure her that he was there, For Her.

She shifted closer to him almost clinging to his body feeling too nervous to stand in front of those angry stares.

"Who Is she?" Shailaja controlled her motherly affection and asked in a straight tone clearly showing her displeasure.

His lips twitched upward and he calmly stated ignoring her words deliberately, "You didn't welcome your daughter-in-law Mom."

"We don't take strangers in our house," Adhiraj harshly snapped staring straight into his black orbs which were the same as his.

He sighed and called out, "Akhil!!"

Akhil immediately came in the front cursing in his mind for why he was even there.

"Do you know how to do the Housewarming?"

Akhil's lips curled up and he immediately answered feeling so proud of himself for knowing this thing.

"Yes Sir."

But he didn't expect his Sir's next word and instantly regretted what he said.

"Okay, then You would do it for my wife."

His face fell knowing that his Sir didn't ask but ordered him to do it, he turned to go towards the kitchen but Adhiraaj's glaring eyes made him look back at Ardhansh who too raised his eyebrow daring him to defy his order.

The poor man turned to look at the newly wedded bride and was able to sense her sympathetic eyes on him.

He wanted to bang his head somewhere for getting into a mess of a father and son.

He chooses to go against his Sir's father in the end who pays him was son.

He walked inside the kitchen and in five minutes came back with the copper mug called Kalash filled with Rice, a servant holding an Aarti and Aalta-filled plate tailing behind him.

He kept that rice-filled mug near Yana's feet and took an aarti from the servant's hand but halted and turned to look at Shailaja.

"Maa Aapki Bahu hai Vo," Ardhansh who was staring quietly at her chose to speak making Shailaja smile bitterly.