Chapter One | Drown

Notice: Chapters will be shorter, because Reo's motivation is slim
--------------------------------------------------------

Ethan stared down at his knees, his stomach tightened into knots of worry.

With only twenty minutes until break, he had to think quickly.

Maybe he could escape to the library again, and hide out there. He just needed a way there without being seen...

He held his head in his hands, rubbing his increasing headache.

What was he to do...

The boy chewed his thumb, a nervous habit of his. He wished that he were allowed music in class, to drown out the sound of his own racing heart.

He bit down harder on the skin surrounding his cuticle, and tasted the salty taste of blood.

He felt as though he were going to be sick, as the clock ticked down towards his doom.

Only ten minutes left.

Ethan shifted in his seat, trying to stop his leg from vibrating with anxiety.
There were hundreds of students in his school, surely they wouldn't be able to find him...

Right?

Maybe he could hide in the bathrooms. If only he had joined a club earlier in the year, then he could've hung out there instead.

The bell rang, startling the panicked boy. Shit, shit, shit, shit-

Ethan took his time packing away his things, hoping that they would forget about him.

He left the classroom and wandered the halls, feeling his hair stand on end as his heart filled with aching dread.

If he could just make it to the library...

Footsteps echoed down the corridor behind him, and without thinking, Ethan started sprinting in the opposite direction.

Someone pushed him roughly against a locker, and his head banged against the metal. Blinking away the pain, Ethan stared in horror at the boy who threatened him.

"Hello there, pretty boy." Snarled the young man, grinning at him like a shark.

"Let me go." Ethan said meekly, knowing that he was too weak to fight back.

"Let me go." Mocked another sneering person, appearing behind the first.

"He's so pathetic, why do we even bother with him, Aiden?"

Aiden ignored them, turning back to Ethan. He pressed his body against the fearful boy. He leaned to the side and whispered sensually in the scared boy's ear: "You'll be a good little boy for me, won't you?"

Ethan panicked, and struggled against the lockers. The others burst out laughing hysterically.

"AYO YOU GAVE HIM A BONNER-"

"WHAT A FAGGOT!"

Ethan's face reddened, wanting so badly to just go home.

"Leave me alone!" He hissed, trying to kick Aiden in the shin.

"Wait wait, I have an idea!" Exclaimed one of Aiden's friends, his eyes shining with malicious intent.

"How about he goes for a swim?"

Fuck no-

The other boys grabbed Ethan and picked him up despite his threats and struggles, and started walking.

The high school that they went to had a swim team, and an indoor swimming pool attached to the building.

They were going to throw Ethan in the pool.