Chapter 2

FernPaw opened her eyes to see a few warriors were roaming around the camp, and WilliowShine was on guard duty... She stretched, looking back at IvyPaw...she was sleeping so cutely! FernPaw trotted out of the apprentice den and took a deep breath of the cold, wintery air.
   -Patrols! Gather around for patrol everyone! SquirrleSong, the deputy, yowled out from under the Wet Rock.
   FernPaw quickly groomed her pelt and rushed around the Deputy, where someone specific sat next to her...
   RainingPaw sat next to her, with a smug smirk on his face. FernPaw growled slightly, rolling her eyes.
   -...and FernPaw, you can join LightningStrike's border patrol! SquirrleSong finalized.
    FernPaw came back to reality, walking towards the exit with LightningStrike in lead. HoneyMoon, LarchPaw and FloweringWhilsker were joining them.
   They walked across the path across the bridge when they heard a loud  high pitched "BEEEEEEEEP!" They all ran to the sound, seeing a large monster, going into the distance and onto the bridge. They saw SwiftClaw's hunting patrol run quickly to the same sound.....FernPaw's heart skipped a beat or two when she saw a bloody body laying on the path. She rushed forward, seeing a well known grey fur....It was WhiteredClaw...IvyPaw's mother..
FernPaw panicked.
-Guys come over here!! She shouted from the top of her lungs.
The other came and LightningStike and SwiftClaw carried IvyPaw's mother's body...
They got into camp, and tons of people gathered around...
-I-I'll go get IvyPaw! FernPaw said, turning to go to the apprentice den.
-No, LightningStrike said directly, going in front of her, blocking her path. I'll go wake her, he was saying this with a furious glare, flicking his tail back and fourth.
She looked as LightningStrike sped up and rushed to the apprentice den...Then came out with IvyPaw, which looked distressed and confused, still dizzy like she was still sucked in the dream she just had had.
    FernPaw looked surprised as IvyPaw rushed to the medicine den, grabbing yarrow and dock leafs. She saw IvyPaw work with passion, like it was in her blood. She chewed the dock leaves then closed her eyes....IvyPaw looked at a corner of the camp and FernPaw followed her view. She saw a burning ginger she cat, and she heard a voice...whispering. "Apply the dock leaves on the wound". FernPaw watched in shock as IvyPaw managed to make her mom feel better.
   -...but how do you know all this stuff? Her mother said.
   -U-Uhh...It's just play! IvyPaw yowled, then ran away.