Chapter 20: The End, For Now

Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket or Black Butler. They, and their characters, belong to their respective creators.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty - The End, For Now

Dinner was over. After dinner tea was also finished, though everyone was reluctant to leave the drawing room, yet not willing to say what was on their minds.

Ciel idly played with the handle of his cane. He refused to look up, not knowing what to say. It felt rather sad, knowing another fun game had come to an end, one that hadn't played quite the way he'd thought it would, but one that had been meaningful and entertaining despite that. He wasn't about to admit it, but he was going to miss the strange pair who sat across from him.

Kyo sat with his legs crossed, arms folded, a slight scowl on his face. He was ready to be gone, or so he told himself. But it was kind of nice being treated like someone important, though he did miss his contests with his cousins. However, there were some things he wasn't looking forward to going back to back home.

Tohru looked down at her hands, folded neatly in her lap. She was wearing one of Nina's creations, a light yellow dress with a lot of frills. She didn't often get to wear stuff like it, and though she usually kept things simple, it had been nice, in a way, to have some dress up clothes. She was going to miss Sebastian, Mey-Rin, Ciel, and Lizzy, but she was trying to be brave. There were a lot of things to talk to Kyo about first.

Lau and Ran Mao sat at ease; the younger girl curled up next to the Chinese man. He smiled, his eyes closed as usual. "Ah, but what a gloomy feeling, don't you agree, Earl?"

Ciel sighed. It reminded him of that stormy night that had started it all, except this time there was no rain and the time travelers were already there. "I suppose," he agreed.

Sebastian stood by the hearth as if waiting. He glanced around the room, making sure no one needed anything. "Perhaps it would not be a bad idea to liven the evening," he suggested. "Goodbyes can wait until the morrow. Why leave on a sour note?" He smiled.

Tohru looked up and slowly smiled as the idea took hold. "Oh! You're right, Mr. Sebastian! It's not good to be too gloomy! And we have had a wonderful time even after everything, haven't we, Kyo?" She turned to her companion.

Kyo looked up from his thoughts in surprise. "Wha? Oh, yeah. It was fun." Of course, rescuing Tohru from a demon that wanted to eat her hadn't been fun, but if she chose to forget that part, he guessed it was her right.

Ciel just shook his head. It had definitely been an interesting past week, and not overly boring. He supposed he could call it entertaining. "What did you have in mind?"

Sebastian brought out Ciel's violin. "Perhaps some music?"

Tohru clapped her hands. "That would be amazing! Please play, Ciel!"

Ciel glanced at the violin with a bit of a scowl. He didn't like playing in public, and though the group was small, it was still public enough. "You must be joking."

Sebastian smiled somewhat mischievously as he handed the case to the earl. "I only thought that since Miss Tohru enjoyed your playing so much the other day, that you might care to grace her with the privilege of hearing you play one last time before she has to leave."

The boy felt a lot of eyes on his as he fingered the case. "I wouldn't even know what to play," he said in a disinterested voice, though he was caving slightly.

The butler moved a music stand with some sheet music already placed on it into view. "I took the liberty of choosing a piece earlier," he confessed as he indicated the music.