Snow

A weather that brings both good and bad memories of the figure that is standing in the middle of the white field.

Memories of the past flooded the Figure.

The Good.

The time when he and a certain special someone that is the holy maiden tried to make a snowman. But instead, they made a big ball that almost fell on top of them. But in the end, they were saved by a Paladin named Frances Kaslana, who destroyed it with the Cleaver of Shamash. The three of them laughed but received an earful from their families for their reckless behavior.

The Bad.

The second impact. The Herrscher of the Void. The Tower of Babylon. Ending the lives of Cecilia Schariac and many other Valkyries. Transformation and Rebellion of Siegfried Kaslana. The Phoenix. Anti-Entropy. And the Honkai Fusion Missiles.
The Overseer knew that everything that happens in Siberia. It is for himself to blame. The blood that is spilled. The betrayal. Every event in that incident. All that transpired, all that occurred. It was all planned by him for his quest.

The bad memory leaves a mark on the Overseer.

The Overseer spoke in a whispered tone of voice.
"Maybe. There would have been a... No, there is no point dwelling about the past now."

It snowed heavily when the Overseer chose to take a day of leave. Snowflakes continue to appear and descend from the sky, gently pressing themselves into the piles of snow that have already covered the ground. Otto found it fascinating and alluring to watch it all fall.

For once, his attention was not on Schicksal. Organizing paper work nor prioritizing the revival of the Holy Maiden. But on something else. Admiring the white particles descending from above and being one with the ground of white. He has forgotten just how much he loved the smaller slices of life. But it also presents sadness for him.

A snowflake or two fell on the Overseer's nose. He responds with a laugh. A halfhearted one.

"Lord Overseer...?"
A voice interrupted the Overseer's train of thought.

As he turned to the voice, in his sight is a young female Valkyrie of dark gray color hair, dressed in winter uniform attire. She seemed a bit confused but was also wary of the Overseer's presence.
"Who may you be?"

"I... Apologies."
The Valkyrie said it with a slightly sad but emotionless tone. Speaks once again.
"It doesn't matter who I am... But... I have to ask... Does the snow... Remind you of the past...?"
The young Valkyrie replies with a pessimistic response but also asks with curiosity if the snow means something to Otto.

The Overseer went silent for a moment, then nodded.
"Yes."
He paused and reminisced about the past and asked as the young Valkyrie.
"Why?"

"Because you have been staring at the snow for..."
The young Valkyrie searches for the watch on her wrist.
"An hour..."

The Overseer paused and blinks once and twice in response.
"Have I? Apologies. It happens to help me calm. Snow is peaceful and quiet... And it's calming and alluring to observe."

"Ah... I see... Indeed, it does..."
The Young Valkyrie nods and agrees in reply.

"Are you fond of observing the snow as well?"
The Overseer turned to face the Valkyrie fully.

"Yes, it does..."
A simple reply.

"I see. I am delighted to talk to someone who understands. To most people, they find it a bit odd. That I appreciate observing the snow."