*ੈ✩‧₊˚3-I know places (pt. 2)*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Songs Of The Chapter- You're on Your Own kid-Taylor Swift, Long Live (Taylor's version)-Taylor Swift (please read the authors note at the bottom)

Y/N / Your POV:

The day unfolded in a whirlwind of introductions, laughter, and stolen glances between you and Dom. The newness of his presence at the school added a layer of excitement to an otherwise routine day. Elanor couldn't contain her enthusiasm, continuously teasing you about the "beautiful stranger" turned new classmate.

Amid the day's distractions, you couldn't shake off the persistent worry about your father. The text you sent him in the morning lingered in the back of your mind, awaiting a response. The school day pressed on, and you found moments of solace in Dom's company, his easygoing nature a welcomed distraction.

Then, in the midst of a seemingly ordinary class, your phone vibrated in your pocket. The sight of the hospital's name on the caller ID sent a chill down your spine. With a deep breath, you excused yourself from the classroom, leaving the curious glances of your classmates behind.

The voice on the other end of the line was gentle but heavy with sorrow. The news hit you like a tidal wave—your father had passed away. Time seemed to freeze, and the world around you blurred into insignificance. The weight of the words bore down on your shoulders, and you found yourself gasping for breath.

Elanor, noticing your sudden departure, rushed after you. As you hung up the phone, her eyes widened in concern. Without words, you conveyed the devastating news. She pulled you into a tight embrace, offering a silent anchor in the storm of emotions.

The news echoed through the empty hallways, a stark contrast to the bustling school life continuing around you. As reality sank in, Dom, sensing the gravity of the situation, approached with a mix of concern and empathy in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.

The world seemed to shatter, and you clung to the support of those around you. The day that had started with the hope of a new connection had taken an unforeseen turn, plunging you into the depths of grief. The once vibrant atmosphere of the school became a haunting backdrop to the profound loss you now faced.

The weight of grief pressed down on you, and without a second thought, you found yourself sprinting away from the school, away from the condolences and the reality that threatened to suffocate you. Each step was a desperate attempt to outrun the pain, to escape the crushing reality that your father was gone.

Through tear-blurred vision, you stumbled into a nearby park, the empty swings and deserted benches mirroring the desolation in your heart. The world felt cold and indifferent, a stark contrast to the warmth that once existed in the embrace of your father.

As you sank to the ground, shoulders heaving with each ragged breath, the world became a blur. The distant sound of footsteps echoed, and in your haze, you barely registered Dom's voice, saying, "I know places."

You barely looked up as he gently took your hand, leading you away from the empty park, away from the painful memories that threatened to engulf you. His presence was a grounding force, a lifeline in the tempest of your emotions.

In the quiet spaces between sobs, you found solace in Dom's understanding silence. He led you to a secluded spot, away from prying eyes and the chaos of the world. There, surrounded by the echoes of your grief, Dom offered a comforting presence, a silent companion in the face of overwhelming loss.

"I'm here for you," he whispered, his words a gentle reassurance in the midst of your storm. And in that moment, the weight of the world, though still heavy, felt a little more bearable with someone willing to share the burden.

Authors Note:

heyy! me again. i just wanna explain the songs of the chapter. so you're on your own kid I feel is quite obvious, y/n is now on her own due to her stepmother's ignorance and her dad's passing. long live however I feel is a bit more difficult to understand. long live holds a special place in my heart, not only as a love song but also as a song for when I'm upset. I'm gonna leave a short list of lyrics from long live I feel that support this chapter. thank you again for reading.

- "I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you"

-"Will you take a moment?

Promise me this
That you'll stand by me forever
But if, God forbid, fate should step in
And force us into a goodbye"

-"I had the time of my life with you"

-"May these memories break our fall"

-"You traded your baseball cap for a crown"

^ my friend didn't get this one, i feel this one supports the chapter as he was a girl's dad. most girls as kids like to play dress up, hence the crown.

-" How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you

I was screaming, "Long live all the magic we made" "

-"The night you danced like you knew our lives

Would never be the same
You held your head like a hero
On a history book page"

^ This one will make sense in the next chapter, so stay tuned my loves.

again, thank you so much for reading i appreciate it. I also noticed the other day we were #30 on the yungblud tag which is crazy especially for only one chapter. so thank you for that!