1

The door creaked open.
"Right on time! Come on in!" A man's voice echoed.

Bouncy dark curls moved as the woman invited in shuffled around. Her skin was pale, and her eyes were a dark, haunting blue. Rosy cheeks gave her smile a warm touch. She sat down in the leather chair in front of a desk, which sat two men. One, with chestnut hair and a curly beard, slightly on the chubbier side, sat on the left and the other, lanky, with his eyes fixed on a paper in his hands, on the right.

"Hi there! So glad you could make it, Ms.....?" The man on the left trailed off, waiting for the woman to fill in the blank.

"Oh, pfft." She shrugged "You can just call me Ellise."

"Ellise. Great!" The man continued.

"Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria! Sorry that everything looks a little shambled, we're still getting everything set up. We're so glad you could make it to your interview in time, Ellise! If you'd like, you can call me Mr. Emily."

"Oh, no problem! I'm totally excited to see what everything will look like when it's done. It already looks great as it is right now!" Ellise gave a nervous giggle, brushing a piece of hair out of her face.

The man on the right, who had been silent this entire time, finally looked up. His eyes widened as they fell on Ellise, a look of fascination within. Yet, there still stood a tone of seriousness stitched into his face.

"Well, then." His voice was smooth, with a British accent, and definitely much less enthusiasm than Mr. Emily. "Shall we get the interview started?"

Mr. Emily gave a chuckle. "Forgive my partner-in-crime here. Mr. Afton is quite straightforward. I hope that's not too intimidating."

Mr. Afton shot Emily a look of annoyance, before his eyes darted back to Ellise.

"Oh, that's okay." Ellise smiled. "I wouldn't want to take too much of your time, he's right, we should get started."

"Wonderful! We just have a few questions, that's a-"

Afton cut Mr. Emily off. "Why did you choose to apply to Freddy's?"

Ellise sat there, stunned, for only a moment, and then answered. "Well, I saw that you were openin' up on a newspaper ad. You guys run Fredbear's too, right? It's such a wonderful and innovative idea, to create a fun and engaging atmosphere for children. And party animatronics! That's pretty neat, I think. How awesome would it be to have party animatronics at your birthday party? If I came here when I was a kid, I'm telling ya', I'd be the coolest kid on the block."

Mr. Emily suppressed his annoyance at the interruption, and smiled. "Wonderful answer."

Ellise fidgeted with her fingers. She could see out of the corner of her eye Mr. Afton spot her fingers fiddling. She was nervous. Was it too obvious?

"What makes you a good asset to our company?" Afton continued.

"Oh- uh-" Ellise paused. "Well, ya' know, I'm good with kids. Babysat my little sister when she was just young. Ooh, I've got some customer service experience too. I can mop pretty good..! Oh, Mr. Afton, I think I added some references to my resume, you're more than welcome to contact them if you're curious about my work there!" She pointed to the paper in the man's hands.

"Any experience working with machines?" He continued.

"Er.. not really, but I'm happy to learn." Ellise gave a smile, her eyes going back and forth to the men in front of her.

"I'm sure Afton can teach ya'. He's the machine guy here, built all the robots himself with his own hands." Mr. Emily boasted. "I manage things more behind-the-scenes. He's here most of the time, so if you get hired, he'll be your guy."

Ellise kept up her smile. "Well, hopefully I do well!"

"I believe that's all we need. Thank you." Mr. Afton responded simply. He smiled back slightly.

"Oh- okay! Well, um..." Ellise nodded. "Thank you so much for taking the time to interview me, I really appreciate it."

"Nah, thank you for coming! We enjoyed our time with you and hope to see you again soon!" Mr. Emily concluded. Ellise got up and headed for the door, waving goodbye before she turned around.

Emily looked at Afton, giving a satisfied and questioning look. Afton looked at him for a moment, then down at the resume in his hands, then back at Emily. He gave a slight nod.

".. Actually, Ellise, we changed our mind." Mr. Emily called out.

The woman stopped and turned right back around, just in time before she opened the door. Anxiety rose in her chest. Oh no.

"You're hired, right on the spot! If you can, you start next week!"