3

He was, indeed, that strict.

Yep. Two people got fired in a week. One person spilled the mop bucket, then slipped and broke the mop while trying to clean it up. The other was so wild with the children, that they all started a riot and nearly broke into the animatronics maintenance closet & Mr. Afton's office. Needless to say, he was not pleased.

Ellise only hoped that she wasn't next to get the boot.

Day after day, it was the same exact thing. Everyone switched roles everyday. The only thing Ellise wasn't able to do, was cook in the kitchen, since she wasn't certified. On Wednesday, a child threw up on the floor because they did too many cartwheels after eating, and Ellise had to clean that up. She felt bad for the kid, though, he only wanted to do his cartwheels... although, maybe doing cartwheels in the diner wasn't the greatest of ideas.

After about a week and a half, everyone started to get the gist of things. There was indeed a switch in the back, to turn on the animatronics, and there was a speaker player where staff had to put in cassettes to play music. Somehow, it was programmed so the animatronics would know which songs are being played. Ellise got her turn to play the songs on Thursday. Boy, that was fun.
She got to dance and sing along in a room, all by herself.

On this particular day, Ellise was on mop duty (which, luckily, was replaced pretty quickly).

"Oh, my back hurts." Denise complained, pulling her jacket over her shoulders while she was on her way out.
"Some little bugger tackled me to the floor today. If you don't see me tomorrow, I'm at the hospital for a spine replacement surgery."

Ellise looked up to Denise, who was passing her by on the way to the door.
"Oh, you're so dramatic. It can't be that bad." She giggled, rolling her eyes. Denise had quite a tendency to overreact, and it was only the first week 1/2 in.

"Oh? I'd like to see how your back feels after getting beat up by a group of kids" The other woman hissed, with a hint of playfulness in her voice. "What're you doing? It's closing time, you should be leaving with us."

Ellise shrugged. "I thought it would be a good idea to stay a little past, and clean up a bit. You know how grouchy Mr. Afton's been lately... it's probably best if I do something to get on his good side.

"Oh, Jesus. Screw him, honestly. He's just another one of those bosses who could care less about their underpaid workers-"

"Denise! Hush!" Ellise shushed. "If he hears you say that, it's over for you."

"I can just find another job then." Denise sighed.
"Wouldn't be the first time."

"Anyway, gotta head out. Aaron will kill me if I don't get back in time for game night."

"O-kay! You guys have fun!" Ellise bode farewell.

After Denise left, the place was quiet. Robots were off, no kids were around. It was somewhat.. peaceful. Just the sound of her humming, and the nice brand new mop.

Suddenly, the door opened, and keys jingled.

"Oh. You're here late."
Mr. Afton was in a coat, a fancy one at that. One of those button up coats. Two children trailed behind him.

"Oh! Yeah! Thought it would be a good idea to stay and clean up a little more." Ellise chuckled nervously.

The man narrowed his eyes. The two children peered behind him, staring at Ellise. "You know you're not getting paid overtime, right?"

She nodded, saying nothing else. "I just-"

"These are my two children." He interjected.
"I stay late from time to time, and I bring my children with me. I hope this isn't too much of an intrusion."