12-sassy

chapter 12

chapter 12

"never need a bitch, I'm what a bitch need. Tryna find the one that can fix me"

♫♪☁✉✉✉☁♪♫

Sienna

I strummed my guitar strings humming on my bed. Flipping open my notebook, I jotted down random lyrics not liking how any of them rolled off my tongue.

Starting over I tried again.

My mom knocked on my door, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I called back.

She strolled in, "How do you feel about babysitting in two hours? My friend needs one since her sitter canceled. Her daughter is older about 13 but she got in some trouble so she can't be left alone."

"How much is she paying?"

I need some money.

"Twenty an hour and it's for four hours."

I'm in.

"I'm in."

°°°

Gracie sat on the couch looking upset while scrolling on her phone. Her shoulders slumped and her eyebrows creased as she focused on the screen. Sighing I saw her swipe out of at least six different apps.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Okay. Just making sure," I shrugged as I switched channels on the TV.

Babysitting older kids is so much better. They can take care of themselves and all I have to do is make sure they aren't sneaking out or sneaking anyone over. Plus you can have actual conversations with them.

She sighed again pushing her auburn hair from her eyes, "Can I ask you something?"

"What's up?"

"You've made some bad decisions before, right?"

"Too many to count."

My comment made her smile a little.

It's true. I think living is just making mistakes and trying your best to learn from them. I know I can judge but I try not to. I've lived my life doing what I think will make me happy; so why would I judge other people for doing what they feel they needed to do?

"I did something..."

Okay. I'm invested now.

"What was the 'something'?"

Gracie crinkled her nose a little, "I was dating this boy for a while. Nine months. This girl decided she wanted him and spread rumors I cheated and made some fake screenshots "proving it". Then she also made some stuff up about me talking bad about my friends, which I would never do," she ranted to me.