As a friend

"Are you okay?"

"Do you need anything?"

"How can I help you?"

"Here, have some of this."

"Do this, do that, you should feel better afterwards."

"Tell me if you're feeling better."

"I'll do whatever I can to help you, don't worry."

"You can count on me."

Are these words so bad to say to someone you consider as "just a friend"?

Can you only say it to someone you consider as "your someone special"?

...Then why do they assume you like them or there's something special just because you care for them as your friend?

Why are the platonic "I love you"s, "I miss you"'s, and "mwa mwa"'s taken more platonically than the ones I said before?

Even when these ones are the one that should be taken more seriously and only given to the someone you consider as "your someone special".

Ah, I know it, I'll try doing these 'platonic' ones then. Maybe it'll work more to get the fact that we're only friends and will not be anything more than that, across.

-----

"I-I like you. And I know you do too. After all, you always say you love me and you miss me, right?"

"I'm.. sorry... I don't mean those like that. I only said those platonically and as a friend..."

"Then were you just leading me on?!?! All these time?? And now that I have feelings for you, you're leaving me alone???"

"No, that's not what I meant. I just... I really treasured you as a friend and I care for you, but all those were just things I said...as a friend..."

"OH, save it! I don't want to hear your excuses. I don't care anymore. I don't need you anyways, I don't care if we lose our friendship anymore!"

It still didn't work... they still thought I liked them in that way...

I really just shouldn't verbalize that I care about them...

-----

"Just leave! You don't even care about me, right?!"

"B-but-"

"Just go already!"

...

...Just what should I do...?

-----x