2| TWO

RIVER'S POV

I finally finished going over EVP's with Ryan and Wyatt about fifteen minutes ago. We caught some absolutely crazy evidence this time around. We were told we were talking to the devil and he was gonna kill us. It was absolutely chilling.

I collapsed on the couch and pulled out my phone to scroll through my socials, hoping to get my mind off of the voices I was hearing in our recorder. I clicked on TikTok, it has never let me down when I needed a good laugh.

As soon as my screen loaded in, the very first video was of me and all of my Instagram pictures. It was an edit to a song I had never heard before. I shrugged it off and scrolled. The next fourteen videos on my page were almost the exact same things. Little clips and pictures of me to this song I had never heard before.

"Hey Ry! Come here! Something is weird with my TikTok," I hollered out to my twin. Maybe his TikTok will be different. His FYP is usually filled with funny and cute videos of kitties.

Ryan popped out of our office and trotted down the stairs. "What's up with your account?" he asked.

"Just open your TikTok. I wanna see something," I answered. He pulled his phone out, unlocked it, clicking on the app and handed it to me. Of course, very first thing is an ad. Fingers crossed this is a good sign.

But as soon as I swiped past the ad, sure enough, there was yet another edit of me.

"Ry. Why are there so many edits of me and this song? Like I get that it says "River" but that can't be it." I questioned.

Just as I finished my sentence Wyatt came bouncing down the steps with his phone in hand, "Hey Riv. Have you seen all of these edits of you to this song?" He asked.

Good god this shit is everywhere. What is making our fans go crazy over this song?

"Yeah Wyatt, they're all over Ryan and I's TikTok too. I want to listen to this whole song. I want to understand what the fuck the hype is," my interest has now been piqued. If this song and I are going to be trending I want to know the song.

I clicked on my Spotify and typed in "River". The first thing that popped up was a song with the title by a girl named "Jewels". I connected my phone to a bigger speaker, and hit play. Quickly I was hit with the melody of chains hitting. I sat back and listened with Ryan and Wyatt.

"Like a river, like a river. Shut your mouth and run me like a river. Choke this love 'til the veins start to shiver. One last breath until the tears start to wither. Like a river. Like a river. Shut your mouth and run me like a river." The song played.

"Holy shit. Is it me taking this the wrong way or is this an aggressive sex song?" I laughed out.

"Oh no for sure it is. I kinda think its funny how many times it says your name, Riv," Ryan confirmed and teased.

"Noo! This girl is going to take my River away!" Wyatt joked while he poked me. I laughed along with him.

"I don't think this song is actually about me. I mean, a river is large and rushing. Just a coincidence it's also my name." I rationalized.

Ryan looked at me, still laughing from Wyatt's reaction, "Yeah Riv. That's what makes it the perfect song to make edits of you to."

Just as I was about to put my phone away, I saw a call coming in from Amanda. We're supposed to be filming a video with her in two days. We're heading out tomorrow to meet her at the Goldfield Hotel. I clicked accept and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey Amanda! What's up? I hope you're not backing out last minute!" I joked with her, turning to shush the boys behind me who were still making jokes about the edits.

"Hey River! No, I'm not cancelling," She laughed, " I called to see if you guys were gonna be busy about four days after recording?"

I thought about it for a minute, and turned to ask the boys behind me the same question. Ryan and Wyatt both shook their heads 'no'. "No, we don't have anything planned for that day, why?" I questioned.

"Awesome! My friend is playing her first concert that Saturday night. I thought it would be fun if you guys tagged along. The five of us could go get drinks afterwards?" She offered.

"Who is it? Maybe I listen to their music." I ask

"She goes by 'Jewels' on her platforms," Amanda replied. My eyes grew to the size of quarters when she said that.

"Oh for sure. We'd love to go. Maybe when we're getting drinks afterwards, I can ask her about this 'River' song," I answered her, confirming the plan. Ryan and Wyatt both stopped what they were doing, and turned all attention on me.

"Hahaha. Sounds good to me. I'll let her know to save some extra backstage passes!" Amanda laughs. We finish confirming all of our plans for meeting up the next day and hung up.

I clapped my hands together, looking at the boys who were staring at me expectantly. "We're going to a concert on the Saturday after filming with Amanda. Then we're going to get drinks with her and the girl who released the river song," I word vomited to them.

They turned to look at each other, turned to me, and then back to each other.

Wyatt spoke up first, "I have lots of questions for this girl. Firstly, what is this song about? Secondly, is it about River, and lastly, what does she plan on doing with my little baby River?" He said in the goofiest voice he could muster up.

We all decided to gather in the living room to watch movies before we needed to fly out. Sleep is for the weak. Finally the clock hit, and it was time to head out.

The flight felt like it took for fucking ever. In all reality, it was only an hour and a half. We got to our hotel, sent a quick text to Amanda to let her know where we were staying, and when to meet us here. As soon as I hit send, we all three collapsed on the beds and knocked out for a few hours.

INSTA

AMANDARAYEOFFICIAL shared a new post!

❤️liked by JewelsLove, TwinParanormal, riverghostrees and 476,960 others

amandarayeofficial:
I had so much fun filming with these guys! Got some pretty cool things! Check it out on their channel, Twin Paranormal! Can't wait to work together again🖤

Comments:

JewelsLove: I AM FANGIRLING SO HARD. GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE AND TELL ME EVERYTHING AMANDA!
        AmandaRayeOfficial: can you let me wake all the way up first?!

TwinParanormal: It was so much fun working with you!
liked by amandarayeofficial

user1: YAY! I'm so excited to watch!
user2: this is going to a great video
user3: anyone else see Jewels' comment?!
user4: idk what I'm more excited about, the video or the fact that jewels is freaking out in the comments

TAP TO LOAD MORE COMMENTS

———————————————————————————————

A/N: annnnnnnd that concludes this chapter! Hope you guys are enjoying!!!!