Act II, Scene 1: I wish to love myself

I arrived home roughly an hour after leaving the hospital, narrowly avoiding the colossal downpour that had just unleashed itself on our small hometown. The house was empty, since mom and dad were almost never home due to their respective jobs, and Rin... Well, you get the idea; I walked to my room, dropped my bag near my desk and changed out of my school uniform (Light grey slacks, white shirt and burgundy tie and blazer) to something more comfortable (think of Len with a pair of jeans and a white hoodie with yellow lines, and banana print slippers).
I was heading to the kitchen to make myself something to eat when I heard the doorbell ring.
I went to the door and checked through the peephole to make sure there wasn't anyone who looked off outside; I was met by the sight of a very drenched Miku, who had a look on her face like she'd just been told that leeks were extinct.
I immediately opened the door after seeing her like that.
"Miku?!" I exclaimed, a bit shocked at seeing my friend standing in the porch considering the weather we were currently having.
"Len, sorry to bother you, but can I come in? The storm caught me by surprise..." Miku spoke to me in a very miserable tone, and not a minute later, she was sitting in my couch with a thick blanket to keep her warm, a towel she was using to dry her long teal locks, and I was in the kitchen, brewing two mugs of a very sweet, dark Mexican chocolate.
As I was taking the steaming drinks to the living room, I heard Miku snore lightly; and sure enough, my dear friend was out like a light. Poor Miku, she probably had to run through the rain in order to get here; Miku's house was not that far away, in fact, only 4 houses away from my own, but mine was the one closest to school, and Miku had probably been practicing a couple hours after school was over, so she had caught the storm as it was beginning. All I could see now was Miku's face resting on one of the armrests the couch had, the rest of her cocooned inside the winter blanket I had lent her and her long cascade of hair covered up a bit by the towel; she looked as peaceful as an angel while she slept. As I looked at her sleeping face, I started to feel very self conscious, not only because Miku was asleep and I was blatantly staring at her face, but also because I had a massive crush on my best friend ever since we had begun middle school, and now that we were in high school, my feelings for her were getting stronger by the day; so I did the sensible thing and turned my tomato-colored face away from her, so as to not tempt me any further, set the mugs on a large flat wooden chest which doubled as the table on the living room and sat down next to Miku with a mug in one hand and an iPad in the other and started reading Ender's Game.
A few minutes later, when the chocolate was actually drinkable without scalding my tongue, Miku began to stir.
"Len?" Miku yawned and rubbed her eyes after that very quick nap.
"Morning, sleepyhead, rest well?" I asked her with a feline smile on my face, and that got me in response a blushing Miku, who quickly averted her gaze from mine. "Whoa, sorry Miku, I was only teasing..." I said, feeling a bit guilty about having teased Miku like that, because I knew she wasn't used to it.
"It's ok, you dummy, don't worry about it." She said with a small smile on her face, and then she turned to the table and spotted the barely steaming cup of chocolate I had left for her. "Chocolate!" she squealed before grabbing the mug and taking a sip out of the thick beverage, (Mexican chocolate with milk, when made properly and using the correct proportion, tends to be a bit thicker than regular syrup chocolate, and it tastes very different; it has a slight taste of dirt, but it doesn't clash with the sweetness) and shivered as the drink conveyed its heat to her body. "Glad you like it." I smiled as I took a sip off my own mug. "Not wanting to be rude or anything, Miku, but what brings you here?" I asked while furrowing my eyebrows a bit, to which Miku opened her eyes and answered "Oh, right! I mostly came right now because of the storm, but I was also planning to come here anyways since I forgot my keys and I need the spare..." Miku said this while rubbing her nape and looking quite sheepish, I only sighed and stood up from the couch, extending my hand to her. "C'mon then, let's go get it. But isn't there anyone at your home?" I asked Miku while we were climbing up the stairs, curious about why she wasn't able to ask anyone else. "Gumiya is out with Dad on a business trip, because he got good grades, and Mom is overseeing another vegetable shipment, and you're the only other person who has a key to my house because of the time we've known each other." Miku told me while she pouted, which I thought looked incredibly cute, and funny at the same time; so, in order to prevent myself from laughing, I turned and opened the door to my room. I could say my room was messy, but that would be a lie, as the only thing out of place was one of my school shoes that had one of the socks inside of it, and my blazer, which was hung on the backrest of my desk chair, but otherwise my room was clean: the bed was made, the books were on their respective places, and the closet was shut. I opened the drawer my desk had to get the spare keys Miku had lent me, when I noticed a small, yellowish envelope with a seal in orange colored wax, which read: "To my dear brother Len and my dear friend Miku, from Rin Kagamine".
My heart almost stopped due to the shock of finding this letter over 2 months after the incident, which only happened that way because I rarely use the drawer in my desk, since it's very small and can only really fit one or two things. I stood there stunned for another ten seconds, when Miku decided to break me out of my shock in the only way she knew how: yanking my ponytail so hard I teared up.
"YEOWCH! What the hell was that for, Miku?!"
"Ehehe, sorry Len, but you just zoned out, so I had to get you back to reality." Miku said this as she was blushing and barely containing the laughter that was threatening to escape her mouth. Not really in the mood for a smartass rebuttal, I simply proceeded to show her the envelope, which resulted in a very quiet Miku with eyes open as wide as humanly possible.
"L-len, is this...?!"
"Yeah. I'm fairly certain this is Rin's."
"Shall we open it?" Miku asked with her eyes filled with fright, not unlike a rabbit caught in the headlights.
"Let's. I wanna know what's inside" I said with a determined voice, as I broke the seal and opened the letter.