timely meeting ~15

Akutagawa coughed into his hand roughly, wipeing the blood from his lips before looking out the window.

He watched as Yokohamas many landscapes passed by speedily, now soaked in the many colours of night.

It had been two days since they had been within 'limbos gate', and to the request of Atsushi, Akutagawa had agreed to meet up with the boy at Harbor view park, a place that looked over Yokohamas bustling port.

He was more than nervous for this meeting, though it was his own fault, as he had not stopped replaying the strawberry blondes words in his head.

"You gotta confront him sooner or later. Or all the emotion that you just displayed will continue to bottle up until it all explodes. And something tells me that you aren't great at handling emotions like that."

Akutagawa grumbled to himself, resting his head in his hand while still watching the world outside speed by.

"Are you alright Akutagawa senpai?" Asked Higuchi quietly from the drivers seat, taking her eyes off the road for just a second to look at her superior.

"I'm fine Higuchi." The man responded calmly from the adjacent passenger seat.

"Are you sure? We can turn back if you'd like-"

"Drop it Higuchi." Akutagawa snapped, though immediately felt guilty.

"My apologies, I'm just... a little on edge." Akutagawa uttered, averting his eyes away from the blonde haired woman.

But not so on edge that i would be on the 'edge of a cliff', per say.

"No its fine sir, i understand." Higuchi smiled gently.

The woman had offered to drive Akutagawa out to see Atsushi, even though she was mentally and physically exhausted, and getting over some sort of infection or illness due to the tunnels she was kept in for so long. She still wanted to be helpful, no matter how much Akutagawa told her to rest.

Just because the ravenette did not show that he cared, does not mean that he was apathetic. He truly wanted her to take care of herself, she had been through a lot in the past few days, much different than she had been through within the mafia. Nevertheless, she still came to work, even Mori ordered her to go home.

Which she did thankfully, but came right back once Mori left on 'important' business, something she had known about all along.

She was being payed sick leave, so no one quite understood why she kept coming back.

"Here we are." The devil herself interrupted his thoughts, offering the ravenette a reassuring grin.

Akutagawa took a deep breath and pushed the wrinkles out of his black turtle neck.

Higuchi then passed him a black medical mask, just in case there were other people there. He did not want to be recognized, especially not during such an important conversation.

The ravenette pinched the metal piece over his nose, subsequently stepping out of the vehicle and onto the smooth cement below.

"Thank you Higuchi." Akutagawa nodded slightly, placing Gins blue light glasses onto his face while still avoiding eye contact. He seemed almost embarrassed.

Quite the opposite of the ravenette, Higuchi beamed. "Of course! I'm happy to help whenever I can." Her voice was sweet, though sounded overused, strained.

Akutagawa gazed at the woman for a moment, pulling his mask under his chin with his thumb and pointer finger. "Go home and get some rest Higuchi, you deserve it."