New Better But Still Picked You

Request - tumblr Request From @loxleys-blog could i be added to the tag list for cole and a request of best friend of jackie who comes to visit her and moves there with her family and falls for cole and cole falls for her?

Author note - Honestly I might turn this into a small series because this is the longest request I have ever written. Let me know if you want more parts 😁

The car pulled to a stop outside the big Walter ranch household and I saw the front door fling open revealing my best friend from New York running straight for me. Getting out of the car I took my bag out and opened my arms for her. "Jackie Jack!"

"Y/n. I can't believe you're here!" She flung her arms around me and we stumbled when we finally embraced one another.

Jackie and I had become even closer than we were before after her family's accident. The rest of her friends wouldn't talk to her but I chose to keep our relationship the same. So I basically took the place of her sister Lucy. "Who's your friend, New York?" I broke away from her seeing a young guy with green eyes and honey blonde hair.

"She's my best friend from back home, Cole." Jackie grumbled tugging on my arm trying to get me to leave with her.

Yet I wasn't going to not introduce myself to him especially since he was really attractive. Walking over to the guy was sitting on a horse with light blonde hair like he had. "Hey there, I'm Y/n." Leaning my arms on the wooden fence I sent him a grin.

He dismounted his horse and climbed over the fence shaking my hand with a cheeky grin. "Cole, Cole Walter. Have you ever been on a horse before?"

"Can't say I have." I replied to him.

His grin only grew. "Would you want to come riding with me?"

"No. No she wouldn't actually. Because she's coming to have ice cream with me and my friends. So we're gonna be going now." Jackie came rushing forward tugging on my arm and leading me back away from him.  Whipping my head around watching Cole staring at us as we went to leave. I parted my lips, finding myself wanting to talk with him more. There was something intriguing about him I just couldn't put my finger on.

A few hours later Jackie had me meet Skylar and Tara who she had met on her first day of school. We were sitting inside the ice cream shop where I took a big bite out of my strawberry cone hearing the store bell ring. My gaze shifted to the doorway recognizing Cole came through and he waved in my direction. "OMG. That is not a good idea at all."

"What's wrong, Tara?" I asked, finishing the bite I had in my mouth confused.

She sent me a raised brow. "You're getting involved with Cole Walter."

"I'm not involved with him. I just met the guy today after I came in from the airport." I told her to eat more of my cone.

Lifting my gaze upward Cole was ordering himself his own ice cream and the woman at the counter handed it over to him. Cole glanced my way and I felt my face turn red after I waved back to him without really thinking and Jackie hit my arm in warning. "Don't go down that road, Y/n. Cole isn't a good guy."

"Why not?" I asked softly.

The three of them looked between one another and Skylar was the first to say something to my question. "He's known to have a lot of hookups and not be up for a real relationship."

"He sneaks them out of the house. I saw one the first morning I got to the Walter house. Alex can tell you more if that's not enough of a warning for you." Jackie explained putting a hand on my shoulder.