《 001 》

"wh-who are you?!"

.

"One bowl of Chazuke..."

.

.

.

'Pickled plums, shredded seaweeds, and leftover chicken from dinner.'

'All doused in piping hot team, then seasoned with salted kelp.'

.

.

.

A subway then were heard passing through and Atsushi dreaming about Chazuke.

'That was so good.' 'All those bowls of chazuke I'd sneak into the kitchen to make at the orphanage.' Atsushi spoke in his head softly

As he fell to his knees and face to the ground.

"Ow!" He let out a grunt

"Damn it..." "I'm gonna die of hunger.." Atsushi muffled to the ground as he looked to his side

'My name is Atsushi.' 'Due to circumstances, I'm about to die from starvation.'

The subway passed through again

'After being driven out of the orphanage, i had nowhere to eat, nowhere to sleep, and, as one might expect, not a cent to my name.'

'Yet, I lack the courage to steal.' 'That is how i arrived at my current predicament.'

He then balled his fist tightly and punched the ground

'However...''if i wish to live...''i have no choice but to steal and take from others!'

"Get out, you failure!"

A familiar voice shouted, making Atsushi see two people wearing white clothes.

"No orphanage would ever welcome the likes of you!"

"The world would be a better place if you'd just die in a ditch somewhere!"

Atsushi then got up struggling

"Shut up..." "Shut up!" He shouted many times "die in a ditch..?" "I'm not gonna die!" "I'm gonna live, no matter what it takes!"

"Alright..." "I'll attack the first person who comes along and rob them of everything they have!" Atsushi devoted

As he turned around, seeing a very fast motorcycle drive by, Atsushi furrowed his eyebrows as he was unable to catch him with an empty stomach.

Atsushi then opened his eyes at the next target, it was a bunch of military police in training, he doubted that the military police would carry their wallet in training.

"But...the next person who comes along...for sure!" He turned to the river "I've got this!" His determined expression broke down to a confused one

Seeing a bunch of pair legs drifting in the river, twitching.

"Well..." Atsushi's pupils followed the drifting legs as his eyebrow twitched "i can't possibly count him..."

It was now spinning around, gently.

"Y-yeah, I'll pass...please."

Now it was getting attacked by crows