Chapter 4

“More?” He spoke up breaking the eerie silence that fell around us. His voice was barely audible as I stared into his eyes; they literally matched the frown on his face.

There’s that feeling again. I felt disgusting.

I cleared my throat and tried to block everything out, it’s for the money. Clearly he wants this since he came in here so I have to give it to him. I went to go sit on his lap but he grabbed my waist pushing me back.

I looked at him in disbelief. This was the first time EVER that a male has ever rejected me from trying to please him.

“No… No.” He shook his head as his eyes shut. I just stood there my mouth slightly agape. For the first time in quite a while I felt… awkward. “I can’t, I just…. Why?” He looked up at me and my gaze immediately turned away from him.

“Can we please just do this so that I can get my damn money and go home?” I spat through gritted teeth as I clenched my fists tighter.

“I’ll give you the money, I just can’t do this. But first you have to tell me why?” He leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms. I could feel his eyes burning into the top of my head as I looked down at the ground.

“W-why what?” I asked quietly knowing fully well what he wanted to know.

“Dammit! Tell me why you’re here!” He shouted and I jumped back a bit as the silent echo of his loud shout bounced around the nearly empty room. “I-I’m sorry, It’s been a long day and my patience is so thin… just please, please tell me.” He said to me his voice lowering as he pleaded.

I bit my lip nervously trying to think of a lie, anything to make the situation I was in sound better than it was. There was none.

How can you make, My Uncle turned me into a prostitute when I was 13 years old, I’ve been on crack since then and now I have to be a stripper to give him money so he won’t rape or abuse me, sound good? You can’t.

“Uh, well… I don’t know.” I sighed running my hands over my face. “I don’t want to be here but… but I have to.” I replied, dragging out the word have. “It’s just… it’s complicated is all.”

“I want to help you. You shouldn’t be here, you don’t have to be.” I watched as he stood up and walked over to me.

“Yes I do! You don’t understand! I do have to be here! I’m too far in to be saved, it’s over. Everything’s shit and there is nothing I can do about it!” I cried pulling at my hair in frustration. “You don’t understand and you never will!”

“If you tell me maybe I will understand, maybe I can help you!” He placed his hand underneath my chin and raised it up slowly so I was looking up at him. His lips slightly parted as his alcohol scented breath fanned my face. “I have to help you.”

He has to help me? Why does he have to help me? Why would he even want to!?

“No… no… I-I can’t I just I-I have to go.” I stuttered out tearing myself away from him and running behind the curtain. I quickly put on my coat and grabbed my bag.

“Heaven wait!” The boy called out to me as I ran past him. What was his name? Angel. I’ll call him Angel only because he is the first person to ever ask me why, or say that he can help me. Angel.

I ran out of the door and down the long corridor my eyes locked on the door at the end. I could hear his footsteps behind me as I reached for the doorknob quickly twisting it open.

The main room of the club was more packed then before, music blaring, more than one woman on the stage now and the men were all drunk and horny. I made my way up the side aisle pulling the hoodie of my old black jacket up.