Chapter 15- The Tracks

Five Months Later

Rebecca's POV

For my Thanksgiving break, I exit Vanx University and decide to head back home. I'm gonna have a special Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, Justin, Daniel, Maddie, my roommate Sarah Lim, and her boyfriend John Carlisle. I was currently on a Train named Train 081 with Sarah and John.

"I so need this. I need my occasional Thanksgiving food. Turkey, Pie..." said John. He had a Boston accent.

"You don't need turkey and pie for a Thanksgiving dinner. Any food that you eat on the night of Thanksgiving equally qualifies as Thanksgiving dinner." Sarah interrupts him. She was a Filipina girl with Spanish and American features.

"You don't get it, Sarah. I mean, you've been living in the Philippines until like--what--the ninth grade? You don't have Thanksgiving there if I'm not mistaken." John fires back.

I'm lost on their conversation cause I get up to check the map in the subway car. I see the mirror in the car, the number of the train--081-- is shown. Mirrored, it looks like 180. The flight that crashed three years ago. I decide to take a seat to calm my nerves.

I know we get off at Kennedy Street. Just three stops left and we get to the final destination. The train stops then and there. Various people get in and out. I see a girl enter with a varsity bag, she just finished gymnastics. Wait, Lauren died due to gymnastics. I look at the signs around me. It shows an advertisement for Clear Rivers country club. The pool where Jesse died. Then there was an advertisement for the McKinley Tricentennial in a few days. Mark died at a Tricentennial. Then another one advertised Build It. The hardware store where Zoe died. Then I looked at the infomercial on the TV.

"That's a huuuuuge knife set" Mrs. Buckley died of knives. I glanced down at Sarah. She was reading a magazine. At the back was an ad for Easternfield LASIK center. Taylor's death. I felt a chill run up my spine.

"I think we should just walk" I suggest.

"But it's freezing out" Sarah says.

"Yeah but the air will feel good!" I say as an excuse. The doors finally open. I rush to make my way out when I am stopped.

"Hey!' I hear a familiar voice, the person hugs me. I break free and it turns out to be Maddie.

"I thought you weren't coming until tonight" I say as the doors close and we sit down.

"Yeah well I was on my way home but all of a sudden my dad's car broke down. He couldn't get it fixed anywhere on a holiday so I helped him push it home and I took an early train" she smiles.

That moment a rat was chewing on a chocolate bar outside the tracks.

"Hey, uh, I want you to meet my roommate and my friend."

"Sure!" Her eyes lighten up.

We walk over to Sarah and John. "Hey guys, this is Maddie, my..." I stop when I see two familiar faces in the other car. Two guys, staring at their phones, with their earphones plugged in.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, loud enough for at least one of them to hear.

Justin sees us and taps Daniel's shoulder, walking towards us.

"Rebecca, Maddie! Hi! What are the chances?" He smiles.

I gasp. "How long have you been here?"

"Since... White Plains. We were heading to McKinley to check out the Sultans game for a couple hours then head to your house for dinner" says Daniel

That moment, the chocolate bar creates a spark, closing the tracks.

The train begins to shake, the lights dim and then they turn off.

The train breaks and Maddie hits her head on a window, which cracks and gives her a mild concussion. She dizilly walks to a pole. She still hangs on in a daze when a tire comes out and obliterates her.

"No!" I scream.

Justin----who was on the other side of the train---runs to me, but he trips, and the train runs over him, flattening him.

I yelp.

Daniel is stuck to the window that Maddie cracked. Unable to move, the window continues cracking. He screams as he falls out and gets grinded and filleted between the subway wall and train window.

"Daniel!!!' I scream.

Sarah and John hit the walls and poles, dying of blunt force, then they get crushed by the train walls.

The train stops. I wake up, crying while I see my friend's dead corpses.

My crying stops when I hear a siren. It was a train coming right at me.

So this ain't a premonition, I decided to use the alternate FD3 ending to save me time. I think you might have noticed there was an original death there. Thought of that in like ten seconds.

So if you're wondering why Justin was on Death's list--here's why. He actually cheated Death THREE times at the Tricentennial. The flagpole, the sign, and Mark. There you have it.

Cast: (which is why I changed the cover)

Bridgit Mendler as Rebecca Morgan
Daniel Bocchichio as Daniel Walker
Alex Watson as Justin Wesley
Maddie Walker as Maddie Robinson
Shawn Mendes as Mark Hendrick
Anna Kendrick as Zoe Reynolds
Stefanie Scott as Lauren Conrad
Lynda Boyd as Lydia Buckley
Ashley Tisdale as Taylor Dylan
Freddie Stroma as Jesse Crawford
Katarina Rodriguez as Sarah Lim
Dylan Sprouse as Luke Eastwood
Theo James as John Carlisle