Chapter 9: Pretended wedding plans

"Getting ..... married..."

I had to get over that shock.

"That makes some things easier." Retorted Creed.

"It keeps you and me from getting into weird situations."

"You and Lydissa get protection and escort, and in return you heal me." He grinned broadly at me.

"That sounds too easy....." I thought about his suggestion.

"But that would only be a marriage of convenience?"

Somewhat confused, I looked at Creed. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't believe in love, and since I've been terrorized with marriages for a while anyway, that would take care of it."

"That...." Suddenly the scales fell from my eyes.

"THE MARRIAGE THING IS JUST BECAUSE SOME COUNSELORS ARE BUGGING YOU, ISN'T IT?!"

My conclusion was: he didn't feel like dealing with marriage candidates.
He laughed.

"I see it more as business." He countered.

A little annoyed, I dropped into a chair.

"You already know that everything concerning nobility is completely foreign to me. "

"I'd feel more like a bumpkin there."

"That's what teachers are for." He leaned against the bedpost, arms folded.

"And what about the duties of the woman of the house?" At that, I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you think I'm going to let an unskilled woman run the business of the house?" He looked like he was trying to provoke.

"Is that supposed to be an insult now?" Annoyed, I wanted to throw something at him, but he was already surrendering.

"Why don't you think of it as an advantage?" With his hands raised, he looked at me with a grin.

"You can create as you like, on the condition that you free me from the frenzy."

"Everything is taken care of." He continued again.

"You won't have to worry about having enough supplies for the winter months, won't have to torment yourself with unpleasant buyers anymore, Lydissa could attend a school....."

At his arguments, I suddenly had these unpleasant memories, like a bad-looking Anastasia in sub-zero temperatures, trying to get some food for herself and Lydissa. Terrible feelings came up and I just wanted to cry.

"Okay, stop already."

Creed was quiet.

"I'm doing the purpose thing. "

Creed was grinning so wide, he was barely recognizable.

"Very nice, we'll leave tomorrow."

***

We rode in a very luxurious carriage. The comfort was 100 points.

Lydissa and Rudolf sat side by side and marveled at the scenery. Creed taught the children about the formation of various mountains and Rudolf and Lydissa listened inquisitively. Creed was extremely generous. He additionally offered Rudolf to take a knight training course with him. This made us a troop of four.

Creed was not to be seen through. First he was daredevil and dangerous like a barbarian, and on the other hand he was generous and very sociable with the children. Was it all just a game?