Chapter VIII

Joy's POV

"Don't you have an interview and a shoot today?" Seulgi unnie asked as she's having her morning coffee in front of me.

"You got to stop checking my schedule Unnie." I told her. She just scoff.

"You're the one telling me about it, Sooyoung." I smiled at her. "Won't it be tiring if you're going on a date after?" I turn to look at her.

"Are you trying to stop me from going--"

"It's not that! I just thought maybe the work might exhaust you and you can't enjoy you--" I cut her off.

"Did the thought already got to you?" She just look at me when I said that. Yes, it's bothering her now. "Just tell me, if I should stop unnie..."

"No, you shouldn't. I'm fine. I'm just really worried." Oh please! Not a second later my phone rings and I saw my manager calling. She might be outside already. I picked up my bag and walk over to unnie to bid goodbye.

"Stop worrying about me. You should start worrying about your concert now." I smiled at her and tap her shoulder before walking out.

Even though she's acting like that now, I know she won't let me stop at what I'm doing. Besides, she already said that it's fine, last night, I won't accept it anymore if she change her mind and she knows that.

I have already informed Seungwan about my schedule today, she told me she can wait for me.

The shoot got finished earlier than intended, next up they have the interview...

It was just going smooth at first. I answer without hesitations, until it gets too personal, until they ask me how my dating life is.

I know they notice my pause at that moment and with just that I'm giving away an answer already. With interviews, I never pause, I confidently answers. I worked with them for a bunch of times already they know how I am. So might as well just tell them the truth...

"I'm happily dating for awhile now." I saw even my manager shocked expression. "I guess that's a surprise to everyone around here." I look around the set.

I can see how the interviewer is dying to ask more of it, but just hesitant. I smiled at her. At the end she just followed her script. After we wrapped up someone came up to me.

"You're dating?" I was surprised hearing that voice. I turned to face her.

"What are you doing here?" I went to her and greet her with a hug. "I missed you!" I whispered before I let go and face her.

"I had a schedule here too and I heard from my staffs that you were here too, so I came by. Only to hear a surprising news." Really now?

"Oh come on Roseanne! Don't you think it's already time? And you wouldn't be this surprise if you're just here, when did you came back?"

"I was only gone for a few weeks and it's not like we're not in contact in those times. You could've at least--" I shushed her. Staffs are already staring at us.

"Stop whining here. Let's talk elsewhere, my superstar." I put down her sunglasses, to see her eyes. They look so tired. She just arrived. I bring it back up. "I'll be right back chipmunk!" I said to her.

When I came out I saw her talking to my manager.

"I know I didn't tell it to you two, I just didn't want to jinx it." I reasoned out as soon as I was in front of them already.

"Just give me a heads up next time Joy." Manager-nim said. I nodded and smiled at her. I look at my friend who's just standing there facing me. I sighed. I guess she talk it out with my manager already. "Miss Park will be the one driving you home."